Senior Software Engineer
Duties & accountabilities
Education & experience
- Implementation of financial services software using enterprise Java, RDBMS and modern web technologies
- Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, develop and deliver highly scalable and numerate financial applications
- Quickly understand system architecture and become involved in design and development, taking ownership of assigned modules to drive projects to completion
- Experience working with global technology and product teams
- The right candidate will have an academic degree in software engineering or exceptional track record if the candidate has a degree in any other discipline
- 5-10 years professional programming experience
- Substantial Java development experience is essential, including Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Strong knowledge on any RDBMS
- Good Knowledge of Spring, Angular, REST and modern Java web technologies
- Experience on NO SQL Database, preferably MongoDB
- Experience on using high volume data processing and analytics technologies like Spark, Ignite etc. advantageous
- Experience on some of the cloud technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS etc is nice to have
- Experience with Python advantageous but not mandatory
- Well versed with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and techniques
- Experience with highly numeric applications advantageous
- The right candidate would also demonstrate solid OO programming and have strong opinions on best programming practices
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record actively contributing to the implementation of innovative, best-practice-based, technical solutions in a complex and challenging environment
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.