Senior Software Engineer
- Strong hands-on technical capability along with the ability to mentor junior developers working on the design, coding and delivery of regulatory reporting obligations
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Design and develop reporting solutions primarily using Oracle PL/SQL, Python, Informatica/ SSIS and recommend and bring in new tools as required
- Provide thought leadership, develop long term technical roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for regulatory reporting/application solutions
- Innovate, initiate, lead/ manage implementation of efficient and effective reporting solutions
- Evaluate functional requirements for new requests, estimate effort and resource allocations
- Conduct code reviews, design reviews, architecture reviews
- Establish/maintain development standards and prescriptions.
- Document the design and code as per the standards and procedures for installation and maintenance of software
- Identify issues/risks and manage/resolve/remediate proactively and escalate as required
- Identify recurring problems and build the tools and processes to help quickly triage issues
- Ensure squad deliverables are on-time and with high quality and sustainable technically
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours when required and support implementation transition activities as needed
- Bachelors in Engineering/Computer science, MIS, Data Science, Statistics or other similar field
- 7+ years of development experience in a highly regulated environment, such as financial services.
- 5+ years of experience in building, designing and working with data tools
- Proficiency with Oracle SQL, SQLServer and Python is required
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge (Oracle) and query optimization is expected
- Familiarity with ETL tools such as SSIS or Informatica is required
- Proficiency with C#, Java or VBA is desirable
- Ability to understand implications of data quality, detect and get errors in databases corrected
- Proficient in MS Office tools, including advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or in teams and have strong attention to detail
- Experience with Agile software development and flexible to adapt to any methodology
- Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of Relational databases
- Additional skills (a plus):
- Experience with .Net framework or Java based frameworks
- Experience with JBoss Studio, Eclipse and/similar IDE tools
- Experience with Pega
- Exposure to NoSql database like MongoDB
- Experience with Dev Ops and Data Ops
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.