Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test The Grade:
10, for internal use only The Location:
Richmond, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Centennial, CO, or US-Virtual T he Team:
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality. The Impact:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will make a key contribution in building solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/API/Services platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the "time to market" for products without compromising quality, by using automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,000 - $115,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What's in it for you:
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, performance, service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA.
- Being a part of an organization which values 'Culture of Urgency' and 'Shift Left' approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
What We're Looking For:
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Use tools and frameworks to build automation/performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Acts as a test lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
- Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures standard methodologies are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, and Database testing requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Gather quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- 4+ Years of experience in software testing or development with deep understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers)
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to work with developers to build automation/performance friendly code
- Experience in refactoring and extending test automation/performance frameworks and suites as necessary
- Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git
- Experience of working with SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Exposure of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model
- Experience with Test Data Management and mapping automated test code coverage
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Experience in performance testing tools such as HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise, and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
267385 Posted On:
Virtual, Ohio, United States