Senior Software Developer (C++/C# for Bahamas onsite)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
We are looking to complement our development team with a talented software developer to help create and take over existing applications dealing with core trading operations such as exchange connectivity, data download, data derivation, selection, and aggregation. You will be working within a group developing custom systematic trading infrastructure so if you have an eye for detail and a track record for producing high-quality software then QuantRes is the place for you.
- Designing and building mission-critical subsystems that trading will rely on.
- Take ownership of existing C++ programs to make improvements as and when needed.
- Collaborate with traders and other developers to design, implement and test core components in Microsoft .NET/C#.
- Document changes to design and business logic.
- Maintain high quality and performance at all stages of development.
- Commitment to standards and conventions agreed upon internally.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Financial or Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years development experience with Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET/C#.
- Proficiency with multithreaded code, in-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms (STL and BOOST) and real-time systems.
- Microsoft SQL, stored procedures, transactions, etc.
- Familiarity with a messaging bus, such as Apache Kafka, and experienced in building RESTful APIs.
- Experience in writing unit/integration tests.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative skills, finance and/or futures trading is a major plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English that facilitate strong team engagement.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an internationally competitive compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Work hours are flexible and informal.
We offer relocation reimbursement, accommodation, and medical insurance to successful candidates.
Candidates will be asked to consent to background checks and will undergo a variety of technical and personality tests.
You must be willing to relocate to The Bahamas for this role for at least a year and a half.