Senior Software Developer - Security Automation & Tools
The Security Automation & Tools team, part of Security Engineering, is responsible for Protecting and Securing Bloomberg's production environment, by providing a suite of modern, highly-available, enterprise security tools, which enforce security best-practices and govern and control access within our enterprise.
Our philosophy is to treat infrastructure as code -- we model various access control definitions (such as Firewall Policies, Proxy Rules, sudo and ssh rules, role-account access) in software, and enforce security around how they are connected to each other to support Bloomberg Professional and related services. What's in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help build robust, high-scale systems which will power the future of Bloomberg's automated security and access-control infrastructure. You'll be trusted to define standards, frameworks, libraries and tools as well as architectural designs and solutions to some of the field's most challenging problems. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Actively contribute in defining both tools and architectural designs used by the team
- Encourage, mentor and train junior team members.
- Practice and promote the use of a modern software development lifecycle
- Engage with customers to capture and refine requirements
- Autonomously develop technical solutions to achieve objectives and required service levels, performance, and economics
- Proactively research and follow industry trends, best practices, and open source projects in security engineering
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years experience as a senior software engineer, preferably full stack for a mission-critical production system
- Expertise in software development in some combination of Go or Python
- Extensive knowledge in software testing and delivery best practices
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Contributions to Open Source projects especially related to Automation and Security Engineering.
- Understanding Orchestration and Automation Frameworks, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Knowledge of Linux, networking and system administration
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.