We are looking for a senior developer (Scala) to be part of an Agile development team involved in developing a real time RMS (risk management system) that caters to all the Equities product lines (Derivatives, Prime, Cash, Converts & Systematic Strategies) within the firm. The ideal candidate needs to have an engineering mindset, enthusiastic about continuous learning & needs to have worked successfully in Agile teams.
Overview of business area or project:
Role is in the Global Trading Solutions Risk Management Technology group. This group provides businesses with Risk Management applications and tools. Role is within the real-time Risk Management Technology space catering to all Equities Sales & Trading desks.
Overview of department/team:
Team is located in New York, London and Wroclaw (Poland). We have developers in each region with 6 members NY team. We also have some Business Analysts who help with business requirements.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The developer will be working on a real-time Risk Management application and related tools for Front Office (Sales & Trading). This is a great opportunity to work on latest tech stack and at the same time learn about the different Equities businesses and financial products.
• Actively contribute to all-round day to day development using Scala.
• Actively contribute to all facets of design, development & planning
• Pair program effectively with different members on work items
• Ability to effectively mentor/guide junior developers
• Support ( second line) & release management
• Ability to communicate effectively with Front office trading
• Experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications/services.
• Strong programming skills in at-least one of the languages such as Scala, Clojure, Haskell, Java, Go, C#.NET (preferably in Scala)
• Working experience with frameworks such as
Messaging middleware (ActiveMQ, Kafka)
Distributed Cache (Coherence/Hazelcast)
Kafka Streams/Rx Streams
• Good Problem solving & Analytical skills
• Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and experience working on Agile teams.
• Good communication & interpersonal skills.
• Python, Shell scripting
• Containerization (Docket, Kubernetes, Openshift)
• Functional programming experience
• Akka Actor Messaging/Akka
• HTML5/Bootstrap + any JS framework (Angular/Knockout/Backbone)
• Machine Learning
• Distributed VCS such as Git/Mercurial
• Financial industry experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
• A minimum experience of 3-5 years’ working as a developer on a large scale application.