Senior SQL Server Database Engineer
Do you like to get your hands techno-dirty, maybe you've seenan implementation or two, even know something about tax and/or accounting? Ourteam builds and delivers the next generation of tax applications and servicesto clients. We need pioneering, entrepreneurial, and passionate professionalswho thrive on what's possible to support some of the largest corporations onthe planet. Whatyou'll do
We are adding to the team, and are looking for a veryexperienced senior database engineer whose broad based skills and experienceinclude SQL Server development, architecture, and performance tuning.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Be a subject matter expert in the development and tuning of all database objects
- Review SQL Store Procedures and Queries for Performance and provide regular feedback.
- Manage SQL Databases for day to day activities
- Working closely with development team throughout the process of writing and deploying database code. This can include providing guidance on complex queries and the optimization of processes and statements.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to organize and plan work independently
- Monitor and maintain system health, performance
Deloitte's TMC group helpsour clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing newtechnology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMCprofessionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to addressour clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams includeindustry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialistswho help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist toturn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax DataManagement & Analytics (TDMA) team deploys and configures our CustomTax Portal Application at our clients' sites. TDMA offers a full solution oftax-based process and technology services (including product implementations)to enhance a corporate tax department's ability to deliver value-addedcontributions to its organizations. The scope of services includes the designand implementation of multiple advanced analytics technology and datamanagement solutions. Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related.
- 7-10+ years of SQL Server database engineering/development experience including utilizing stored procedures, functions, triggers, and queries.
- FTE job experience with job titles such as Database Engineer, Database Developer, Database Architect, and DBA.
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experience in design and deploy high volume databases
- Experience in writing complex queries that are high performing
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2014+ architecture
- Expert knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Experience in using Data Visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Expert knowledge of high availability environments
- Experience with scaling in cloud as well as deployment on traditional infrastructure
- Ability to travel about 25%
How you'll grow
- Experience in architecting solutions based on Microsoft Azure Data Platform including Azure SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Analysis Services.
- Experience in using NoSQL storage technologies such as Azure Table Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Hadoop/BigData stack experience
- Tax experience
- Big 4 experience
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people ,
we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19DALTSRCJB009-TMC