Multi-strategy hedge fund based in New York is seeking a Senior Risk Manager to join their team.
Reporting into the CRO, this visible senior level position interfaces daily with the firm's portfolio managers and is responsible for a broad range of functions, including:
- enhancing existing risk methodology across investment portfolios and asset classes;
- application of cutting edge quantitative approaches to conceptualize and create bespoke attribution analysis for various investment strategies;
- ability to translate results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making;
- working closely with Portfolio Managers to analyze, quantify and manage risks
The successful candidate will be a high-performance individual with 7+ years relevant experience underpinned by a record of academic excellence, ideally including a Masters in a quantitative discipline. Additionally s/he will possess:
- detailed knowledge of risk techniques such as customized attributions, regression analysis, sensitivities, simulation and stress testing.
- a degree of technical proficiency as it relates to programming (Python) and the handling of large data sets.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly deliver thoughtful analysis; this is paramount as there is extensive interaction with the firm's investment committee, management team and PM's.
A highly competitive base salary + performance-based bonus structure is on offer to the successful candidate.
Please submit an application for more detailed information and a discussion in confidence.