Title: Senior Risk Manager
Reports to: Head of Risk Management
• Oversee Risk Management for the Hedge Fund Portfolio acting as the risk specialist on liquid products for new and existing Hedge Fund strategies.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of quantitative analytics to support the Global Ongoing Risk Monitoring Framework for existing investments for all Investment Strategies managed by the firm (Credits, Hedge Funds, Infrastructure, Private Equity and Real Estate).
• Participate as the Risk Manager for risk assessments on new Hedge Fund investment proposals in the Alternative Investment Committee.
• Evaluate new investment proposals for Hedge Fund Strategies as it pertains to:
o Preparing Financial Risk Management opinions for the evaluation of investment proposals at Investment Committee meetings (Alternative Investment Committee (AIC)/Committee Investment Proposals (CIP))
o Participating as the Representative of the Risk Management team in these Investment Committee meetings
• Maintain and develop statistical analytics to enhance the quantitative risk management toolkit used for risk monitoring purposes of the investment portfolios managed by the firm.
• Coordinate with the other teams (Risk and Performance Management, External Reporting, Operational Risk Management and Business Control) as well as with Front and Back office teams.
• Ensure that funds operate according to approved fund characteristics and other risk guidelines on an ongoing basis.
• Evaluate new and existing mandates and ensure that the investment activities are conducted as outlined in the Risk Management Manual.
• Run and participate in projects to achieve company milestones set by management.
• Analyze and interpret information and provide advice to management as requested.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of performance measurement and attribution methodologies in consultation with other team members.
• BA/BS required; MBA and/or a CFA is preferred
• 7-10+ years of Risk Management experience within the asset management / hedge fund / fund of fund industries
• Strong understanding of Risk Management Practices with a focus on Liquid & Alternative Investment Strategies (Derivatives, Credits, Equity, Hedge Fund strategies)
• Strong quantitative background and skillset, particularly strong knowledge on statistical analysis of investment risk
• Team player who is a self starter, pro-active and motivated to create positive change
• Project management experience
• Strong communication and PC skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills