- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Research Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe MIS Research group's objective is to enable MIS to get the right research to the right people at the right time. The Research group is responsible for driving research content, organizing product management, overseeing operations & managing operational controls. This role is part of the function that supports the overall MIS Research objective by managing onshore and/or offshore research, ratings and data activities.
Research Support is a global team with members located in New York, London, Gurgaon and Bangalore. This role supports the creation and publication of various types of research reports for Moody's Investors Service, across multiple regions and a wide range of industry sectors. The team's output includes a mix of financial and descriptive written content.
The Senior Research Manager will work closely with technology colleagues, India-based research and editorial team members, onshore Analysts and Research Managers, and the MIS Production Team.
Key activities include:
- Day-to-day business coordination including identification/resolution of issues through training, triage with support teams, through writing enhancement and defect processing.
- Define and implement future research authoring & publishing business needs, business requirements, UAT plans, release planning, change management, and process and application remediation.
- Support and participate in functional testing
- Support delivery for the firm's roadmap transformation programs
- Support transition(s) of selected research activities to the MIS Support Center; coordinate with research leadership to design and develop day-to-day workflow, metrics tracking and reporting processes
- Independently manage the end-to-end production process of research products, encompassing multiple publication types; ensure product quality is appropriate per service level agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure research workflow is properly managed in accordance with defined operational processes
- Coordinate and run team conference calls and meetings, both internally and with analysts; ensure followup on issues requiring escalation
- Supervise India-based colleagues and interact with analysts to deliver high quality research products
- Serve as key point of contact for issue escalation from analysts and research leadership in the lines of business
- Design and create presentations for management and deliver analytical reports on weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc basis; attend/present in meetings to research leadership
- Collate and track operational metrics, e.g., daily tracking and monitoring of workflow in SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Access, as appropriate; deliver metrics reporting to research leadership and other stakeholders; proactively design and implement improvements to metrics tracking/reporting that expand efficiency, accuracy, relevance of data and presentation
- Drive creation of operational documentation and guidelines
- Develop and deliver training to Analysts and offshore teams for new research products / changes in processes
- Serve as mentor to junior team members
- Proactively interact with senior level research team members, i.e., lead analysts, research directors, LOB heads, to drive timely completion of research deliverables requiring analyst review
- Drive standard operational frameworks and enhance operating efficiency; develop and execute improvements through the identification of gaps and inefficiencies
- BA/BS required
- 4 years of professional relevant work experience, preferably working in a financial institution, with credit and/or research knowledge
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail relating to written and financial research content, metrics tracking and reporting, creating, modifying, manipulating high volumes of data
- Accurately manage and maintain large volumes of data in Excel; proficient in Excel functions such as pivot tables, v-lookup, filter/sorting, index match, conditional formatting, text to columns, etc.; formatting worksheets for presentations and reports to senior management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and administrative management skills
- Polished, professional email and phone communication style is essential
- A positive outgoing attitude with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with both internal and external parties
- Effective and comfortable interacting with both junior and very senior level analysts/research leadership
- Fluency in English is essential
- Project management experience is a strong plus
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of SharePoint helpful but not required
- Major/Minor concentration in a business related discipline helpful but not required
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.