Senior Research Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
Senior Research Manager
New York Life's 170+ year bedrock is to provide financial security and peace of mind through humility, integrity, and stewardship for our policy holders. We do not serve shareholders, we serve and are owned by our members - ensuring the quintessential alignment of interests between company and customer.
New York Life has embarked on a transformation journey to build on the power of digital tools, data sciences, and consumer centrism to further our mission for our customers.
New York Life's Marketing group is on the forefront of this journey - leading the research, insights, digital innovation, and analytics necessary to creating connected, meaningful experiences for our customers.
The Strategy and Marketing Operations team is looking for top talent who are passionate about fueling connections to the customer, driving the research and design to achieve our transformation, and game to be shaping clarity and delivery of new capabilities in an evolving company.
Job Title: Senior Research Manager
Location: New York Life Home Office- 51 Madison Avenue, N.Y., N.Y 10051
The Market Research and Customer Insights, Senior Associate, will be instrumental in helping the Market Research & Insights (MRI) become the center of excellence on research methodologies and approaches for the NYL organization. The successful candidate will structure and execute primary research projects to support strategic initiatives across NYL, and will help develop and deliver key insights relative to consumers' needs, preferences, and behaviors. NY Life has a strong commitment to building world-class consumer insights capabilities, and the Senior Associate, Consumer Insights, will be a key individual contributor to help us achieve that evolution.
- Partner with colleagues across NYL (Marketing, Product, Underwriting, and Agency) to understand their business challenges and design primary research studies in partnership with MR&I team to drive business decisions.
- Lead strategic research projects that will focus on answering the core demographic, behavioral, and psychographic questions in our business and industry.
- Identify vendor partners; oversee all aspects of projects to ensure we meet the insights needs of our business partners in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Partner with team members and the business to analyze survey results, synthesizing inputs with data from diverse sources, and develop informed recommendations, insights, and points of view to help drive our business goals.
- Develop presentations and discussion materials to communicate findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders. Write actionable and compelling reports, articles and white papers.
- Build and maintain a strong network of research agencies and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree required, with focus in business, marketing / market research, psychology or sociology preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods; strong analytical abilities
- Passion for understanding consumer behaviors and for helping bring the voice of the Consumer into a successful, established organization
- Creative and deductive thinker with the ability to synthesize key insights from multiple sources
- Open minded person able to adapt to shifting priorities and our evolving organization
- Strong and persuasive communication skills (oral, written and presentation); fluency in MS Office.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.