Senior Research Analyst
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- TimesSquare Capital Management LLC
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
We are looking for a Senior Equity Analyst to join the Technology group of our US Research Team. The Research Team is comprised of 7 senior research analysts and four research associates. Three portfolio managers oversee the various products (Small, SMID and Mid-Cap Growth portfolios).The firm is looking to add a senior research analyst to the tech sector team. The tech sector team is responsible for covering most of Software and Tech Services, Internet, Telecommunications, and Semiconductor/Capital Equipment areas. The Senior Equity Analyst to be hired should have strong experience in the Software, Semis and Internet areas.
TimesSquare Capital Management is a boutique investment management firm based in NYC. The firm has a long history and strong reputation as an investor in small to mid-cap growth companies, and manages more than $18 billion for institutional clients. The firm utilizes a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high quality growth businesses in which we can invest for the long term. The firm is a partnership, with equity ownership held by senior members of firm and Affiliated Managers Group (AMG).
The analyst’s primary job function is to identify the best companies and make them meaningful positions across our clients’ portfolios; and to generate alpha. The analyst is expected to perform rigorous and deep fundamental analysis across their universe of stocks and become experts on the businesses and industries they cover. The analyst leads the idea generation and investment process with a high degree of autonomy and independence. The analyst communicates research via written and oral reports in both small and larger group settings. The analyst should be able to constructively and respectfully debate ideas among colleagues. The analyst should collaborate with peers, communicate effectively with portfolio managers and take ownership/accountability for investment outcomes at both the individual and team level. The analyst may be called upon to participate in client service/business development efforts as needed.
- Apply a rigorous fundamental research process.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the drivers/catalysts and trends/themes of the technology space.
- Work closely with technology analysts in a variety of different roles.
- Create proprietary financial models to determine buy/sell targets and support comparative valuations.
- Provide investment recommendations to the portfolio management team based on earnings projections, valuation and risk assessment.
- Communicate and build relationships with management teams, sell-side analysts and industry experts to enhance the investment process.
- A passion for investment research and investing in growth companies
- Experience in evaluating companies through equity research or investment banking
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and reading/ interpreting financial statements
- Superior Excel /model building skills
- Domain expertise within the technology sector
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker who has the ability to see beyond the consensus and generate differentiated insights; who seeks out conflicting points of view and who has a healthy degree of skepticism
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner without direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Ability to co-manage/mentor a research associate
- BA/BS or international equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- MBA preferred, but not required/ CFA preferred, but not required
- 7+ years of experience as Equity Analyst on buy/sell side
The Company offers a competitive base salary, annual cash bonus and attractive long term benefits.
TimesSquare Capital Management, LLC (TSCM) is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, sexual orientation, age, marital, partnership, familial, or caregiver status, national origin, alienage or citizenship, ancestry, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran or military status, domestic violence, stalking or sex offense victim status, unemployment status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
TSCM’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of
employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotions,
working conditions, scheduling, benefits, wage and salary administration, disciplinary
action, termination, and social, educational and recreational programs.
TSCM is also committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other
federal, state, and local laws designed to ensure equal employment opportunities to qualified
employees with disabilities and/or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Consistent with this policy and applicable law.