Senior Reporter, Power Finance
Senior Reporter, Power Finance The Location:
New York, New York The Team:
With more than 300 journalists across five continents, we are rapidly growing our coverage of financial and sector news. You will work closely with editors and journalists around the world. We're the foremost provider of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets. The Impact:
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes investors, power producers, utilities, regulators and policymakers. What's in it for you:
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Learn about and lead coverage on the trends impacting the power sector
- Opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Opportunities for new and dynamic responsibilities, including reporting mentoring and editorial leadership
- Build and cultivate a robust network of contacts within the power and investment communities.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Lead coverage of power M&A, private equity activity and renewable energy investment
- Strive to break deal news
- Write feature-length and longform stories supported by data
- Read through news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings
- Cover conference calls with company executives
- Attend conferences and events
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgement
- Experience with breaking news coverage as well as feature writing
- Ability to work independently
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Experience operating in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of the power industry, financial markets and the role of the investment community in energy
- Experience covering regulatory, legal and financial developments
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259278 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States