Senior Reporter, Leveraged Commentary & Data
Senior Reporter, Leveraged Commentary & Data Grade
10 (Internal Use) The Location:
New York, New York or Virtual The Team:
LCD produces comprehensive real-time news and analysis on the global leveraged loan, high yield bond and CLO markets, as well as investment grade news and analysis, often leveraging LCD's proprietary indexes and databases. It has fostered a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where the News and Research units rely on each other to produce market-leading content. The Impact:
This reportorial role will focus on the high-profile U.S. CLO market (collateralized loan obligations), by far the most important investor segment in the $1.2 trillion US leveraged loan segment. It will also entail coverage of the overall loan market segment. What's in it for you:
This position offers an established role in a market-leading news and research group, reporting on/analyzing what has increasingly become one of the most important investor segments in the global capital markets. This news/analysis is widely read via LCD's deep subscriber base of institutional investors, debt issuers, distressed and par traders, law firms, and corporates around the globe. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55.9k to $127.7k . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Maintain/develop sources active in the U.S. CLO/leveraged loan space, as to provide comprehensive coverage of CLO issuance and related developments, with an emphasis on timeliness, accuracy, and context.
- Write regular commentary detailing market trends/developments/forward-looking scenarios regarding the CLO segment, relying on proprietary LCD data and interviews with sources within the market.
- Provide coverage of new issue CLO pricings, as well as refinancing and resets in the market, adding analysis, trends, data, and market color where relevant.
- Contribute to LCD coverage/analysis of other U.S. leveraged finance sub-segments, as appropriate, including U.S. leveraged loan primary and secondary markets, and distressed debt.
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Preferred qualifications
- Experience reporting on/analyzing capital markets, or specific capital markets segments, preferably concerning structured finance, fixed income debt, leveraged loans, or related.
- Accuracy: Ability to report on/write a high volume of news stories in a real-time setting; these stories are data-intensive.
- Ability to cultivate useful market sources within the financial segment being covered.
- Analyze data and market trends produce value-added, differentiated content.
- Experience within the fixed income, structured finance, or leveraged finance segments that would translate well into this role.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259274 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States