Senior Regulatory Reporting Specialist
Our Client, a global investment bank, is seeking a Senior Regulatory Reporting Specialist for its downtown Manhattan location. Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and monitor resources to meet the following objectives: Support the preparation, review and submission of the external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct in-depth analysis of variances, incorporating the understanding of accounting issues, economic events and their impact and present the financial results to Senior Management and US Regulatory Agencies.
- Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls.
- Execute report pre-submission checks, implement control procedures, and review regulatory reporting requirements
- Maintain a consolidated list of adjustment details by report and participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls, improve report accuracy and reduce manual adjustments
- Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Execute and review key reporting controls (cross filing reconciliations, variance analysis)
- Prepare and store control evidence for the centralized report population
- Prepare due diligence review decks and review with key stakeholders
- Review and update relevant policies and procedures
- Participate in Regulatory exams, internal audits and address inquiries as required.
- Continually monitor developments in regulatory rule/reporting changes and assist
- Corporate Finance functions in implementing and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Execute adhoc projects to support reporting automation initiatives and regulatory reporting changes
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams
- Strong relevant U.S. regulatory reporting knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Strong communication skills clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialization in Finance stream Preferred 10+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus Big 4 accounting experience preferable
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.