Senior Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance
Our client, a global banking and financial services company is seeking a Senior Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance in their midtown location.
The role will reside within the Finance Division, under the Finance Risk and Assurance group, specifically into the group's Regulatory Reporting team.
The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Associate will be responsible for performing various activities related to the CCAR/DFAST Framework. They will work to promote completeness and accuracy of regulatory reporting data quality by independently validating Basel III processes and controls from transaction capture through to global regulatory reporting. Products subject to review may include derivatives, loans, securitizations, and other debt and equity.
• Design programs to test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
• Perform data analysis to identify anomalies or issues in the testing of controls
• Identify the root cause for control deficiencies and evaluate management action plans to address deficiencies
• Document internal activities, identified issues, and conclusions to assist the team with reporting to the stakeholders
• Take ownership of assigned tasks and seek out ways to improve the process
• Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to quality and methodology standards, including incorporating real-time feedback from supervisors
• Take initiative to consider and recommend problem resolution to the team and manager
• Continually seek to learn through asking questions, getting exposure to new opportunities and training sessions
• A bachelor's degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline, supported by 5+ years work experience, preferably in financial services or in a public accounting firm
• Prior audit (external, internal and/or SOX) experience
• Experience working in the financial services industry and have an understanding of CCAR, Basel, Liquidity and/or other regulatory reporting
• Strong documentation skills including the audit scope, test papers and issues that may arise
• Experienced with testing and assessing remediation plans
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exhibit professional skepticism and curiosity
• Strong communication skills including presentation and written skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
• Proven ability to quickly assess problems, identify effective solutions, and focus on what matters most
• Possesses keen attention to detail and able to manage time efficiently
• Seeking a candidate who is positive, proactive, engaged and open to new ways of doing things
• Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.