- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Dec 18
Senior Quantitative Researcher
Group Overview: The Commodities team is responsible for managing more than $9 billion of derivatives-based commodity strategies throughout the US, Europe and Asia for institutional, high net worth and retail clients. The team has a successful track record of managing enhanced and active strategies.
Your role will be to work with the Commodities Team to perform research and incorporate these ideas quantitatively into the Team's investment strategies, as well as to maintain and develop the team's quantitative processes.
- You will perform fundamental/quantitative research and implement these ideas into the investment strategies and to help maintain/develop the quantitative processes.
- You will research and evaluate new ideas, incorporating these ideas into a quantitative-based portfolio, and programming algorithms.
- You will be asked to improve upon existing quantitative processes as well as to perform special projects and research.
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to work in a specialized business and to learn and strengthen skills in portfolio management, client development, business development, trading, risk management and product structuring.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degrees in mathematics or statistics preferred
- Average of 5 plus years of experience with at least two years of asset management experience
- You have worked on a team with active involvement in a quantitative investment process; quantitative equities preferred
- You have financial programming experience; Matlab and SQL experience required
- You possess a deep understanding of portfolio theory and statistics
- You are able to work independently and have strong communications skills
- CFA highly preferred; FRM preferred; no Series licenses necessary