We're looking for an exceptional Senior (or great intermediate) PM to join our office in New York!
Senior Project Manager
Xceptor delivers no-code automation software across the enterprise. We make data ingestion, data transformation, and process digitisation easy. Automation. Simply. Globally
Our Clients: We pride ourselves on our straightforward and honest approach from a project and commercial perspective. As banking, financial services, and insurance specialists, our proven deployments enable us to grow strong, global relationships, and build an impressive client list of industry leaders. Want an independent viewpoint? Read recent analysis from Forrester and HfS on www.xceptor.com
Our Partners: Our ability to deliver great automation solutions is validated through our existing utility, consultancy, and technology partnerships, with the likes of EY, DTCC, Cognizant, and Finastra.
Our Platform: Our no-code automation platform for end-to-end and complex processes enables clients to leverage the right technology, at the right time, to drive the right outcomes. A single, common platform delivers client solutions, packaged solutions, and industry utilities, giving everyone access to the same technology, no matter the size, or the scale, of the challenge.
Our Values: Ambition is in our DNA and we embrace the opportunities ahead. Our curiosity and desire to grow drives us to learn from our customers and those around us. Our people are empowered, accountable and deliver. We pull together, step up and focus on outcomes. The brilliance of our people makes a positive difference to our clients’ ambitions. We are Xceptor.
The Individual: The successful candidate will hold a pivotal role in the professional services team managing client relationships, mentoring others, leading delivery teams as well as internal stakeholders responsible for utilisation and profitability within the business.
While at Xceptor you will typically be focussed on multiple client delivery projects delivering automation that makes a real difference to our client’s businesses. You will get an opportunity to show your excellent stakeholder management skills and be instrumental in bridging the gap between our clients’ operational and project teams and our own.
- Make and be accountable for critical business decisions on a daily basis which impact on client and Xceptor outcomes.
- Build positive and productive working relationships with clients.
- Work closely with Sales and Account Management teams to maintain and develop revenue growth opportunities.
- Be accountable for a healthy backlog of business-critical work for Xceptor and our clients.
- Manage projects carefully, thoughtfully and creatively to achieve client objectives within set parameters of time and budget.
- Deal with complex scheduling challenges as you try to drive your own projects forward but work alongside other project and delivery managers with conflicting priorities to achieve the best team, business and client outcomes.
- Serve as the primary contact for client relationship during the project lifecycle, maintaining high levels of competence and operational excellence.
- Provide support, direction and guidance for implementation consultants and other Delivery team members.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Report delivery status to customers and develop required project/delivery documentation.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Provide continuity as projects move through initiation, implementation, and go-live through to transition into support and warranty phases.
- Report project progress internally and to the customer, in a way that understands its audience and gets the message across effectively.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understand the project lifecycle ana a clear understanding on what makes a project successful.
- Direct engagement with clients on a day-to-day basis where you have gotten to know your clients, as people and as a business.
- Can adapt and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- You are driven by successful outcomes and you take care to always understand how to define success in any given project.
- Experience working with client stakeholders at all levels. When needed you can facilitate everything from analysis workshops through to Steering Committee meetings.
- Innovate and drive forward your new ideas.
- Knowledge on how to drive project methods and approaches, including Agile. Understanding that not one-size-fits-all when working with clients.
- The ability to know how to get best from your client and the best from the project team.
- You instinctively manage risk, seeing the fault lines as they develop. You manage risk, pro-actively and continuously.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered for this role, candidates should have the following:
- Extensive experience running project within a software company/vendor serving the Financial Services sector.
- Experience of successfully managing customer engagements to completion.
- Strong business acumen, commercial awareness, exceptional interpersonal and client facing skills.
- A strong technical, service delivery or business analysis background.
- A self-starter that can and will work under their own initiative, engage and encourage others to do the same.
- Willingness to travel periodically based on customer and business need.
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
In return we will offer exposure to global, blue-chip clients and an unparalleled experience of best practice. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment where there are significant opportunities for growth and development.
Xceptor is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.