- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USASpecific responsibilities for the position include:
- Manage multiple projects with multiple internal and external dependencies, complex or multiple scopes, a higher level of risk requiring mitigation plans and multiple integration points with some external integration.
- Project Budgets up to $5M.
- Lead and manage the deliverables, processes, and artifacts to ensure adherence to MIT Enterprise Project Governance such as MIT Investment Framework, Estimation, Purchasing, Portfolio & Resource Management, Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Development Methodologies, Risk Management, Quality & Process Control, Change Management, Project Completion/Closeout, Status Reports, Presentations, Training Plans and Transition to Operations.
- Actively manage Stakeholders expectations. Lead scope definition sessions. Drive project team and Executives to make decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver project as to agreed schedule and within budget.
- Identify and lead topics of issue resolution, risk mitigation, change management and dependency management. Ensure processes are well defined where ambiguity exists.
- Lead estimation and planning sessions with Stakeholders and other MIT SME's utilizing the iterative development methodology, (Agile). With information from these sessions, create and manage overall project plan that might contain integrated deliverables associated with multiple projects and multiple stakeholders with possible conflicting priorities.
- Create and manage multiple teams of resources (on and off shore) and multiple sources of funding. Track project budgets at a detail level.
- Within the context of the MIT Governance process, lead the team to ensure dedication to data integrity within the MIT project, resource & development tool sets to track project and provide reporting. Working with team and SME's, ensure alignment of tools to methodologies being utilized. Create, analyze and present comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Identify and lead operational efficiencies within the position, project team, Organizational team and MIT. Own solutions from concept to completion.
- Provide MIT Governance communication vehicles on time and with completeness such as ad hoc dashboards, Watch List Status Reports, IT Executive Council, Board of Directors status, utilizing MS Office tools suite. Ensure all communications are based on audience and situation.
- Lead project team by setting direction, maximizing the performance of the team, ensuring respectful communications by creating an atmosphere of collaboration and iterative improvements, inspiring people and teamwork, and welcoming change by team engagement of planning and problem solving. Consistently demonstrate the MIT Values.
- 'Manage Up', to Organizational manager and IT Executive Sponsor, who may have conflicting priorities.
- Exhibit behavior of anticipating needs of Management. Own the deliverable through execution.
- 'Lead by example'. Build a reputation as part of the 'Management Team', a positive problem solver, who collaborates in a constructive manner to create iterative improvements for operational efficiencies within the position, project team, and MIT.
- Provide timely monthly and quarterly sign off on all MIT Financial Governance articles and successfully pass all SQA, Internal, and SOX Controls.
- Be conscious of team behavior and contribute constructive feedback to Organizational managers for annual
- Performance Evaluations.
- Manages project team(s), Associate Project Manager(s), Project Manager(s) depending on the projects assigned.
- Promotes interaction within the project team, including MIT, Business Executives and End Users plus other MCO departments or organizations in order to deliver project. Promotes interaction with members of the Organizational team.
- Interacts with and manages external vendors and consultants (on and off shore)
Analytical Tools Discovery
Minimum education and work experience required for position includes:
- 7+ years progressive & extensive project management work experience in Financial Services industry.
- Progressive experience in iterative development, testing, release, maintenance experience.
- Managed project budgets of $5M
- BA or BS or equivalent, Masters preferred. PMP Certification required.
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and its inherent responsibilities such as estimation, funding, development, QA, budget responsibilities, risk mitigation and project metrics. Proven ability and reputation to lead a project team from concept to completion.
- Proven experience in leading and managing multiple projects with multiple internal and external dependencies, complex or multiple scopes, a higher level of risk requiring mitigation plans and multiple integration points with some external integration. Project Budgets ($5M)
- Customer Focus in delivering solutions. Ability to balance Stakeholder expectations with project deliverables.
- Ability to lead facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal or inter-team conflict sessions.
- Proven experience in leading project estimation and planning exercises utilizing an iterative development methodology (RUP, Agile). Ability to lend experience or training to exercises.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Ability to present project status to various levels of personnel. Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications to enhance project artifacts for MIT Governance processes such as metric and status reports.
- The ability to understand the importance of following MIT Governance processes and methodologies and driving the team to do so, even if receiving negative pushback; ensure the capture and maintenance of metrics for reporting within a project, resource and development tools. Ability to analyze and provide comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Proven ability to multi-task and 'manage up' in a complex environment, with changing priorities.
- Strong & proven positive leadership skills in words, actions, results. Coach and encourage others to lead.
- Embrace, lead, plan and execute changes and operational efficiencies within the position, team or MIT context.
- Ability to follow and execute directives of Project and/or Organizational Manager; anticipating the needs of the manager and of the team. Provide solutions. Own and executing those solutions.
- Ability to set direction and delegate, then follow up as necessary to ensure team meets project deliverables.
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.