- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18
Senior Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Senior Project Manager is expected to manage complex Projects, programs, and/or a portfolio which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, have long term implementation time frames and are cross functional. The Senior Project Manager works closely with product owners, architects, engineers, vendors/partners, and line of business stakeholders to deliver technology solutions in support of Moody's strategic and tactical initiatives. Primary focus for a Senior Project Manager is to manage control scope, timeline, cost, risk, and communications throughout the project lifecycle in accordance to Moody's PDLC framework.
- Reports to the Infrastructure Service Delivery & Portfolio Manager for Moody's Analytics (MA)
- Participates in Moody's organizational events such as Quarterly Offsite and Team Meetings
- Represent the values of Moody's and MIT as a professional organization and individually demonstrate professionalism and respect to their team and stakeholders
- Continuously improve project management methodologies used within MIT
- Provides expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation
- Support MA Relationship Management and annual operational planning activities
- Provide direction to project teams and/or direct reports consisting of employees, on-site consultants and offshore resources, and ensure the team supports departmental goals and objectives
- Manage organizational team deliverables and project responsibilities
- Ensure effective delivery through the use of project meetings, estimation, requirements, scheduling/planning efforts, risks, and project finances within the PDLC framework. Review and clarify project requirements, provide estimates and task breakdowns, and participate in the creation and delivery of accurate and achievable project plans and budgets
- Prepare and present recurring portfolio review with MA Stakeholders
- Lead group portfolio planning and prioritization efforts and accurately capture and communicate project priorities
- Partner with other teams within IT and the business to develop and maintain relationships by engaging stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Provide well-crafted stakeholder and governance communications on time with accuracy and completeness
- Communicate effectively with senior management stakeholders
- Provide analysis, recommendations and implementation on improvements to existing processes within the Infrastructure Services organization
- Mentor and develop less experienced Project Managers
- Timely delivery of projects against target completion dates
- Evidence of effective use of PDLC adherence and governance on assigned Projects
- Evidence of Process Improvements within the Infrastructure PMO Organization on assigned and unassigned work
- Effective use of communication and engagement to various audiences measured through customer feedback
Infrastructure Services Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience MBA / MA
- Agile Experience Required
- SCRUM experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Must have 10+ years of demonstrated Technology PM experience & 5 years of management experience, encompassing technology disciplines that may include iterative development, infrastructure solution delivery or service management, all with increasing levels of responsibility and budget management
- Ability to lead and collaboratively work with various stakeholders
- Creation & delivery of presentations to Senior Management
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, Scrum)
- Experience working in a PMO organization that has worked towards continuous process and service improvements
- Experience managing a Portfolio of projects
- Relationship Management
- Effectively communicate Project objectives, risks, decisions in a transparent manner
- Excellent and purposefully demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and the inherent responsibilities as a PM
- Ability to lead team sessions in scope, estimation, planning, scheduling, etc. lending deep knowledge to discussions because of past practical experience
- Experience in leading projects which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact, long implementation time frames, cross-functional and of significant magnitude. Resources could be onsite or off shore
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.