Senior Program Manager - Professional Services - Investment Trading Software - Charles River Development
What we are looking for
Charles River is seeking a Senior Program Manager. This role is a high impact, hands-on leadership role with responsibility for developing and implementing a project management function along with Managing large multi-million dollar Project Implementations in the Investment trading space.
This position will provide oversight, regular analysis, and feedback relative to clients, key projects' stakeholders, and senior CRD management. Additionally, it serves as a source of documentation, guidance, and metrics on the practice of project management and execution and supports the successful delivery of programs and projects through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting. This role interfaces between end clients, CRD project teams, and senior management working cross-functionally across various levels of the organization. This individual will provide support to Delivery Directors and will mentor and develop project managers in support of the company's client portfolio. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for . The Implementation Services group at Charles River Development is looking for an experienced Program Manager that can lead and manage. Why this job is important to us
What we value
- The Senior Program Manager will be accountable for the delivery of up to two strategic implementation programs of the CRD platform. These programs will typically be multi-year, multi-location, multi-phase and multi work streams.
- Drive effective and impactful communication related to program activity, serving as a key point person for the program team and partner for key stakeholders in order to ensure active management of ongoing issues/risks/decisions related to all internal and external activities.
- Manage scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources and project dependencies in addition to proactively monitoring and mitigating issues and risks. Manage to milestones, understand critical path, and effectively communicate status at all levels.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete and support overall firm goals and strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with internal and external project stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure stakeholders' expectations are met.
- Manage and control the project plan and remain within budget.
- Develop and implement Project Management processes and policies, direct project management staff, and work with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Track the efficacy of various initiatives and help implement the appropriate reporting and metrics to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Drive and facilitate project review process at management level. Ensure appropriate team issues are elevated to management in a timely manner. Chair formal or ad hoc internal management processes regarding project decision points and or/project issue resolution.
- Assist with advising project managers/implementation managers and their teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any program/project management questions.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs and projects, building relationships with stakeholders and to promote efficiency in day-to-day project management processes and practices; oversee the adherence to the processes and best practice.
- Improve CRD's implementation methodology and build a library of standard project plans, collateral, and tools that are mapped to each phase of the implementation methodology. This material will collectively serve as an "implementation toolkit" and resides on a collaboration site like Sharepoint.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with the implementation of mission-critical financial solutions. Ideally hands-on experience implementing investment management software, preferably an order management and compliance system is especially valuable or experience in the implementation of a financial systems within a bank, hedge fund or asset manager, or wealth management firm is especially valuable.
- Large Project Implementation Management at the Program Level with individual project budgets in excess of $15 million.
- Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures. Familiarity with SQL, FIX and Crystal Reports is a plus.
- A strong record of customer service of managing large Implementation efforts and must understand customer needs and build effective relationships. The candidate must be able to convey plans, issues and concerns to clients and team members in a clear, logical and concise manner. They will need to also be able to influence key decision makers both internally and externally.
- Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
About State Street What we do:
- Four (4) year degree in a business or technical field such as Finance, Mathematical Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus.
- Fifteen years of experience leading Large Program Software Implementations in the Fintech space.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Travel: The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States, Canada and other parts of the world occasionally. Travel of 30%-50% is typical and but may exceed that in any given year.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow:
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers