Senior Product Manager Data Visualization
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior Product Manager, Data Visualization Grade
11 ( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Location:
Charlottesville, VA; New York, NY; Centennial, CO, Virtual (US) The Team:
The Desktop Product Management team works in close collaboration with our clients and internal teams and divisions -Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Client Services, Content, and Technology. As a Senior Product Manager, you are uniquely positioned to be the main point of contact and source of information for client requests and in transforming these into high value-additive deliverables. The Impact:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Senior Product Manager to drive the growth and execution of our data visualization, advanced Charting and Mapping capabilities on the Market Intelligence and S&P Capital IQ platforms. This role is responsible for providing direction, managing and supporting execution to drive the development of new visualization capabilities and the innovation of existing capabilities on the platform as it relates to the visual display, analysis, and consumption of our data. What's in it for you:
- The position plays a key role on the S&P Global Market Intelligence Desktop Product Management team and for the organization. The Senior Product Manager role offers exposure to all groups and opens doors for tremendous career opportunities with S&P Global.
- In this role, you will be responsible for enhancing and innovating on the portrayal of data, improving our existing charting and mapping tools, and improving our integration with more advanced analytical and business intelligence platforms across the S&P Global Market Intelligence Platform.
- You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that what we build allows clients to better understand and analyze S&P Global data in support of more impactful decisions.
What We're Looking For:
- Shape and execute the strategy and roadmap for data visualization and business intelligence products across platforms
- Serve as product or project owner on several high profile, high impact deliverables for broad platform deliverables, from concept through launch.
- Work with experts across the organization to conceptualize, design, and develop interactive data visualizations that make complex data sets accessible, understandable, and actionable for our clients
- Perform discovery, exploration, vendor analysis and competitive analysis of key data visualization tools (open sources and market leading best of class BI systems) for POC, procurement and implementation.
- Lead engagements with key stakeholders with a focus on driving measurable commercial value via innovative visualization solutions to business problems and business complexity
- Help develop and roll-out standards, practices, processes and operations for data visualization to be used throughout S&P Global Market Intelligence across markets and analytics
- Challenge existing thought processes and actively work in cross disciplinary groups to leverage data visualization to add significant value across the business
- Build a culture of innovation, collaboration, transparency and entrepreneurial mindset. Insist on breaking silos for effective partnership across a cross-functional, global team.
- 3+ years' experience as a Product Manager in within FinTech, Tech, dealing with system design, product management and agile software development
- Hands-on experience with SQL, as well as Python, R, Tableau or similar tools to mine, transform and visualize data.
- Familiarity with data science techniques and their applicability to financial workflows.
- A genuine passion for customer centric development, representing the voice of the customer with emphatic listening skills, strong diagnosis skills and transforming qualitative customer feedback into quantitative business intelligence
- Known for curiosity with the innate, genuine desire to stay ahead, stay up to date on latest visualization market trends, techniques, software packages, including early adopter options and open source evolutions
- An expert in creating compelling customer journeys, paired with the technical and strategic knowledge that helps bring them to life.
- An understanding of data in a complex enterprise system landscape, including data governance and quality.
- Comfortable working within a Scaled Agile development environment, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259435 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States