Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Quant Platform
The Business and Team
BQuant is Bloomberg's brand new cloud-hosted, multi-asset class quantitative investment research platform designed specifically for financial markets. We are looking for an experienced professional from a quantitative investment research background to come and join our team and help us create the industry best solution.
This is a unique opportunity to join a cross-functional team with Product, Engineering, Quant, CTO, and Client teams on a high profile project. The team is global, located in London, NY and San Francisco. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Engineering department, to accelerate the range of products and use cases we support. Your Role
You will be responsible for identifying target markets, challenges worth solving, and how to solve them, as well as executing upon that strategy. Examples of areas you could be working on include:
We'll trust you to:
- >Alpha research. This could involve working with Engineering and Quants to drive the data requirements and create the API-based products to help our customers identify trading signals by leveraging feature engineering, signal combination and time series models at scale.
- >Risk and Post-Trade analysis. This could involve working with our Enterprise Product teams (OMS, PMS) on integration of services and creating models and workflows that are geared to improving efficiencies and execution.
- >Platform. This could involve working with Engineering and ML teams to define and build workflows for enterprise integration and features such as ML, data pipelines and governance.
You'll need to have:
- Help formulate the vision for advanced analytics workflows in our quant platform
- Act as a thought leader within the company
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, engineers and architects to translate business problems into quantitative and machine learning based solutions
- Own the roadmap and backlog, taking into account customer input, product strategy, value propositions, competitor analysis and internal operational requirements
- Work with Marketing and Sales to help explain and promote our product to clients
- Come up with metrics to measure business impact and success
- Perform market analysis of trends that could impact strategy, roadmap, or positioning
- Lead the design of models to help our customers solve challenges in alpha research, risk or trading
- Play an active role in the delivery of analytics products from hypothesis to experiment design and results analysis to help inform the platform features and products you develop
We would love to see:
- 5+ years experience leading successful strategies to create data pipelines, analytics and models within a leading financial institution or service provider
- The ability to effectively coordinate and work with Engineers, UX, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Executive level
- Deep practical knowledge of customer challenges, use cases and systems-thinking spanning the workflow from research, portfolio construction to implementation, including security and governance
- Extensive experience working with others to apply big data processing, advanced analytics and ML concepts to solve problems in research, risk, or trading
- The ability to gather and prioritize business requirements and translate these into user stories and an actionable backlog
- Technical fluency and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Problem solving mindset, doing what it takes to solve the problem for the customer
- Excellent communication skills (documents, presentations, verbal) to both technical and executive audiences
If this sounds like you:
- An advanced degree Masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Prior experience building quantitative products at a Tier 1 buy or sell side firm
- Strong technical understanding of the tech stack (cloud/enterprise infrastructure, Ops, ML, open source)
- Experience with the management and usage of multi-asset, alternative and proprietary data in finance
- Demonstrable knowledge of use cases across buy and sell side, asset classes, and different trading strategies
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.