Senior Product Designer
Product Design at Fitch
We are looking for our first product designers to ideate, design and prototype brand new products, features, and lines of business. Being among the first in the team, you will help shape the department, optimize our processes, and make an impact on day one. About Fitch:
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools, and risk services; BMI Research, an independent provider of country risk and industry analysis specializing in emerging and frontier markets; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is majority owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary, and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective, and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, we distribute the ratings, research, and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution we bring to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Key Responsibilities:
• Design User Flows, Site Maps, Information Architecture, Screens, and Interactions
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams to develop elegant solutions that delight our users
• Translate your IA/IXD recommendations into well-crafted high-fidelity user interface screens, animations, and prototypes
• Contribute components to the Central Design System
• Work with Product, Dev and Test teams to implement your ideas
• Identity new product opportunities
• Validate your design hypotheses through qualitative and quantitative methods
• Demonstrate the impact of your design work on key product and business metrics Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer
• Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver software products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Mastery of product design tools such as Figma and Sketch
• Your application must include a link to a portfolio of work examples that helps us understand your design approach
• Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS/React/VueJS/Jamstack
• Mastery of Accessibility standards
• Strong understanding of SEO, CRO, and Page Performance best practices and standards