Senior Principal, Relationship Management, Investment Managers
- Independently develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention.
- Identifies opportunities to evolve client business for incremental account growth.
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership (C-Suite) on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives. Assigned clients are key to the units achievement of its goals and objectives. Client accounts are significantly large in size, complex and/or global, requiring depth of knowledge in a niche area or significant breadth of knowledge across numerous products/services including performance, data, analytics and distribution services.
- Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and clients business environment.
- Primary client advocate and ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision.
- Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth.
- May evaluate and structure deal (pricing, contract terms, etc.) to determine the optimal terms for both the client and the firm.
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings.
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement.
- Provide clients with industry expertise sharing trends as well as current and potential impact on the client business model.
- Typically recommend product/service enhancements internally in order to fill underserved client interests and recommend product/services directly to the client.
- Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio. Contribute to the development of team/unit metrics, dashboards and roadmaps. A critical skill set is the ability to lead and communicate to a virtual service and coverage team to ensure firm-wide alignment on priorities, issues and initiatives.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Conduct service review meetings and assist in client training, sharing of market information/experience.
- May prospect new clients in a similar industry or segment of existing clients.
- Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership.
- Recommend areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback and may deliver thought leadership feedback both internally and externally to clients.
- Ensures client onboarding and/or risk management activities are conducted and captured (KYC, BAC, etc.)
- Serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the Bank
- The relationship manager has ultimate responsibility and will be held accountable for the overall heath and growth of the client relationship.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: