Senior Principal, Program & Project Management
- Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high complexity.
- Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure.
- Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Reports and escalates progress/issues to executive management, as needed.
- Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner.
- Follows financial standards and processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, procurement and external payments).
- Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal and external resources required to deliver the program.
- Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders).
- May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members.
- Serves as a liaison between internal clients and other stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Manages communication with senior business leaders at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery.
- Contributes to the achievement of function objectives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 12 plus years of total work experience in Project Management preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.