Senior Principal, Program & Project Management
The Project Manager works independently, as part of the broader team led by a Sales Executive, in planning, developing and executing the detailed project plan for new business opportunities based on established business processes and requirements. The Project Manager will control high-profile, complex multi-jurisdictional, multi-product sales initiatives within Asset Servicing Sales. Projects typically involve crossline of business products and services to deliver the full enterprise capabilities as well as client facing ownership across Asset Servicing and Global Client Management.
PM Support Model:
Project Manager in US will support US and EMEA, as needed.
Project Manager in EMEA will support EMEA and APAC.
The Project Manager oversees all aspects of assigned projects by tracking expectations and deadlines, aligning tasks with appropriate resources and monitoring and tracking progress of project to completion.
- Responsible for overall opportunity governance ensuring effective communication and collaboration with the Deal Team and senior management throughout the project lifecycle- this includes stages prior to any RFP where there is development of strategy and engagement. This requires foresight in planning and efficient execution.
- Ensures that all proper research and follow-up is complete pre/during and post deal
- Coordinates deal mechanics internally with senior management, Sales team (Sales Management, Sales Executives, Sales Partners), Sales Support (RFP Writer/Presentation specialist) as well as all supporting business segments, product, technology, and any other areas responsible for components of the opportunity.
The Project Manager must be proactive and anticipatory; with a keen ability to assess and elevate issues.
- Will own hosting calls with the Steering Committee, communication with Executive Sponsor with agreement of Sales Lead, raising issues and tracking and documenting follow-up with LOBs.
- Will also maintain artifacts used to track opportunity such as project plan, status reports, CAIR log, non-standard requirements tracking, tech builds etc.
- Leverages a deep expertise across all products to allow effective oversight and interaction.
- Coordinate with External Consultants on deals to ensure their integration with BNY Mellon teams
PM assigned to specific Prospects/Client Opportunities based on deal complexity and size (deals ranging from >$10 -15m in revenue). Specific PM responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and manage the overall day to day deal governance for the lifecycle of the deal - includes tracking all LOB
- Become a partner to the sales lead and sales partner to ensure efficient deal governance pre and during RFP.
- Host and Schedule calls with Deal team and Steering Committee/Workstream Checkpoint calls:
- Daily (or at predetermined frequency) stand up calls and EOD calls with core deal team
- Daily/Weekly or Monthly updates to Steerco
- Steering committee/Workstream calls at predetermined agreed on frequency
- Engage Pre- and post- RFP, and pre- and post - presentation period
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentations (as required) and maintain minutes from each meeting
- Track outstanding issues and follow-up
- Establish meeting cadence based on stage of engagement
Qualifications Skills and abilities:
- Coordinate/ follow up with the responsible SMEs on assigned tasks
- Assess and elevate issues to raise to appropriate owner
- Prepare artifacts (milestones, project plan, status reporting, CAIR log, tracking non-standard requirements/product gaps, tech builds etc.) for distribution and communication to Senior Management and the Deal team daily as well as Workstream update calls
- Present status of the opportunity to Senior Management
- Set up and manage deal specific Sharepoint sites
- Consult with Sales Team throughout process
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ability to use Outlook, Word, Excel for Project Management purposes
- 12 + years total work experience in Project Management
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and effective listening skills
- Be confident and decisive; with strong interpersonal and planning skills
- Demonstrated C-suite level presentation capabilities
- Must possess strong organization and time management skills and an ability to manage a broad range of activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to make independent fact-based decisions, and effectively hold project participants accountable whilst being a team player
- Must be able to assess and collate a variety of input then effectively summarize for stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend holistic perspective of project's impact to the business
- Securities servicing experience preferred
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: