Senior Platform Architect - Chief Data Office
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Job Summary
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) is seeking an Solution Architect to be part of a team supporting all business and support functions across Fitch for a wide range of cloud based big solutions. This is a formative opportunity to influence and innovate as part of the new CDO function. In this role, the solution architect will partner across business, technology, enterprise architecture and operations to design and act as a subject matter expert for Fitch's new cutting edge cloud data platform. Primary Responsibilities
• Lead the technical architecture effort for our next generation cloud data platform
• Partner with platform teams to design and deploy a cloud big data platform that is fit for purpose and in line with business goals and objectives
• Contribute towards the definition and SDLC adoption of strategic enterprise platform architecture standards including partnering with Data Architecture on naming and modelling standards supporting data at rest (logical and physical models) and data in motion (messaging, API's)
• Develop platform standards for how integrations are developed, and how features are developed within the ecosystem
• Provide design and technical support for application teams that are re-architecting legacy/batch data solutions into more modern, event-based technical solutions for on-prem and the public cloud (AWS)
• Provide support to enterprise application teams to define re-usable critical cloud technologies Qualifications
• 10+ years experience as a cloud database engineer/architect with a proven track record of delivery
• Expertise with AWS infrastructure such as S3, Redshift, and Athena required
• Hands-on experience as a database developer and/or administrator is a must - from initial logical design to physical deployment, for both new build and change management
• Working experience with Data Management and Governance solutions (i.e. Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and Reservoirs) in both relational technologies (e.g. Oracle) and no-SQL solutions (Hadoop) for both on-prem and cloud (AWS) deployments required
• Experience creating and supporting enterprise-level big data platform architecture is required
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with other leaders and associates throughout the organization
• Team-oriented, with proven ability to work well and collaborate globally across multiple and disparate teams
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.