Senior Network Architect
The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg's internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, efficiency tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward. The Role:
As a Network Architect you will be responsible for the design and architecture of Bloomberg LP's Campus and Data Center networks globally. You will lead changes in the networking environment, maintaining the overall strategy of the organization. This role is responsible for design and engineering of critical solutions in a complex environment with various business units utilizing multiple vendors and h technologies. Our environment consists of data center, campus network (both wired and wireless) and broadcast and media networks.
This role requires ability to develop Road maps, Design Principles, Internal Design Standards/Processes. This role will require evaluating, testing new networking technologies, high level of interaction with vendors and drive Bloomberg LP's requirements and feature requests. You will be required to set the strategic direction and will provide leadership to overall architecture of Corporate Technology infrastructure. We will look to you to participate in automation strategy, network security initiatives and developing tools for day 2 support. This role is also responsible for escalated support and manage vendor relationship. Education:
You will need to have:
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, telecommunications or related field
We'd love to see:
- 10+ years of experience in designing the network infrastructure for large data centres and large user campus LANs.
- Experience with Network Segmentation and Access Control Technologies
- Experience with high end Switching platforms like Cisco (Nexus 5, 7,9K), Cisco Catalyst and Arista Networks
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancers (physical and virtual)
- Knowledge of Security appliances like Palo Alto, Cisco and Checkpoint firewall implementations
- Cisco wireless design experience (5500, 8500, WLCs, 3700,3800, 9000 APs)
- Deep Understanding of various network protocols like OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRFs, MPLS, EVPN/Vxlan, DSCP/QoS
- Expert level understanding of Multicast - IGMP, PIM, Anycast RP, MSDP, BSR, Static RP
- An understanding of Network monitoring, analysis and management with tools such as DNA -Centre/Assurance/Spaces, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Arista Cloudvision or other Network monitoring tools.
- High level understanding of Datacenter Virtualization and Network requirements for Hyper-visors, Compute and Storage
- Demonstrate strong communication and documentation skills
If this sounds like you:
- Public and Private cloud knowledge
- Python / Ansible
- Strong project management
- Software programming, scripting and reporting
- Strong business skills and products knowledge
- Experience working with Market Data Distribution platforms, Feed Handlers, and Ticker plants
Apply if you think you're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.