Web platform you will be working on: https://www.bloombergconnects.org/
You are no doubt familiar with Bloombergâ€™s position as a global leader in financial technology and media, but we are so much more. Bloomberg Philanthropies works to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people by focusing on five key areas: the arts, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Philanthropy has always been integral to Bloomberg, woven into the fabric of our culture!
Bloomberg Connects is a rapidly-growing, free app offering digital guides to museums, galleries, and cultural spaces around the world. Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging, multi-media guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our partners such as The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, The Courtauld, The Institute of Contemporary Art, and many more.
We are a team of interaction and visual designers, engineers and leaders working with Bloomberg Philanthropies on Bloomberg Connects, a platform that brings digital access to arts and culture institutions around the world.
For our cultural partners, we design and build tools to manage their collections, informed by research and interviews with the staff at the worldâ€™s top arts and culture institutions. For everyone we design and build a mobile app, Bloomberg Connects, to bring access to the arts right to the usersâ€™ hands.
Our designers and engineers work side-by-side with each other daily to deliver delightful experiences with accessibility and usability at the core. Our vibrant team takes pride in their work, driven by a common sense of purpose.
Join us on our mission to bring access to arts and culture to everyone, anytime, anywhere! Weâ€™ll trust you to:
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- Participate in a cross-functional agile team spanning design and engineering
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to deliver user-facing features
- Interface with internal stakeholders as well as cultural partners
- Build and promote high-quality, scalable, full-stack solutions
- Delight a diverse, global audience with elegant, intuitive experiences
Weâ€™d like to see experience with:
- 5+ years of experience with software development
- 5+ years of experience with TypeScript and/or Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with React Native
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Native iOS or Android development
- Mobile accessibility
- GraphQL at scale
- Web development with React
- DevOps (terraform, AWS, docker, kubernetes)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.