Senior Market Manager - Relationship Banking
The Relationship Management roles are responsible for acquiring, orchestrating, and growing entire client and ecosystem relationships; deepening relationships within the C-Suite; consulting on, and cross-selling, the entire SVB platform (i.e. Treasury management to Debt financing to the Private Bank, etc.) to address client business and personal needs; orchestrating cross-functional SVB teams to optimize the client experience; and building real relationships to differentiate SVB with all key influencers in the market. Core responsibilities include new business development and expansion of existing relationships, as well as, originating, advising on, and negotiating financing solutions for SVB Commercial Bank clients. Responsible for a broad range of client, prospect, and influential relationships in their respective market. Highly skilled at building and growing relationships with Founders, CEO's, CFO's, and other key influencers, as well as, developing and driving new business opportunities in the market. Strong understanding of the capital structure of venture backed technology companies. Recruits, builds, manages and leads a highly effective team consisting of Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents. Maintains overall general management responsibility of the respective business across KPI's, HR, and compliance responsibilities.
Utilizes substantial decision making and independent judgement in negotiations and building relationships. Influences and drive decisions. Identifies and explores business development responsibilities.
Manages a team and responsible for decisions regarding performance management; goal setting; and professional development.
Recommends new business development opportunities and wells as decisions related to portfolio management and performance management of team.
Strong negotiation and marketing skills with an ability to build and close new relationships.
- Highly effective person with people and relationships.
- Experienced internal and external business leader
- Proven ability to maintain an extensive network of business relationships, including the executive management of clients, prospects, referral sources, and other influential relationships in market.
- Adept at building, managing, and scaling a business.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 10-15+ years of related experience.