Senior Manager, Financial Institutions Group Credit
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jul 19
See job description for details
- Role responsible for maintaining credit quality in line with business strategies and risk appetite
- Support the advocacy for a strong “risk culture”
- Reports to the Head of FIG (Financial Institutions Group) Credit, Europe and America
About The Role
Role Location: 277 Park Avenue, 31/F, New York
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
As Senior Manager for Financial Institutions Group Credit, you will work with Risk teams, Product Specialists, and Relationship Managers to ensure the disciplined growth of business lending assets and by way of ensuring the maintenance of credit quality and alignment with business strategies and risk appetites. In this role, you will also support senior CAD (Credit Approval Discretion) holders in coaching and in training R&A (Research & Analysis) and FIG Credit team members in credit analysis and deal structuring. You will support the advocacy for a strong “risk culture” and, in conjunction with Senior Risk & Relationship team members, assist in the refinement of risk appetite and strategy in Europe and America.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with R&A, Relationship Managers, Product Managers, Legal, Compliance, and Middle Office teams across the Europe and America FIG portfolio
- Ensuring effective alignment between Business strategies and Risk appetites
- Ensuring that credit portfolios are managed within agreed Risk frameworks
- Enhancing the effectiveness of governance and compliance
- Influencing business leaders, peers, and other lending staff with regard to credit operations and through effective leadership, management, and teamwork
- Elevating the quality and frequency of engagement with Business partners to drive a more proactive first line of defense
- Delivering sustainable efficiencies in global Risk costs whilst maintaining suitable risk management
- Identifying areas where processes and procedures can be improved
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Proven years of credit experience (preferably as credit approver or as credit analyst) for customers in the Non-Bank Financial Institution sectors such as insurance companies
- Demonstrated knowledge and Leadership experience
- Deep understanding of Risk strategy know-how, proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing high quality deliverables according to strict timetables and be able to organize his or her job in an independent way
- Firm understanding of markets products
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Expertise in risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment
- Expertise in traded risk documentation, e.g. ISDA and CSA, repo, etc.
- Knowledge of analysis and modelling techniques used in counterparty credit risk and transaction analysis
- Experience in approving structured credit and financing transactions
- University degree (risk management, accounting, finance, business administration, MBA or equivalent)
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code UNI000636.
This role is based in New York, USA. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application Opening Date: 10 July 2019
Application Closing Date: 24 July 2019
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave