Senior Manager Finance
Senior Manager, Finance Grade Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ) :
11 The Location:
New York, NY The Team:
The finance team is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to budgeting, forecasting and partnering with all other functions of the business. The team values collaboration and the ability to think critically while problem solving. The role reports to the Director of Finance. The Impact:
This role will provide support to both finance and commercial teams. The manager will provide support and analysis for the month-end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of various revenue product lines. This role will contribute value added analysis, supporting the finance team's strategic positioning within the company.
We are looking for a candidate who will assist in supporting the business' strategic growth plans with insights gained from analyzing company performance data. This role will provide support and analysis for the month-end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of various revenue product lines. The ideal candidate is adept at combining analytic tools and techniques with business expertise to identify the key drivers of performance and opportunities for growth. They must be able to translate information into actionable insights to find opportunities for product optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The role requires experience building and implementing financial models using a variety of analytic tools based on data acquisition and data blending to drive decision making. The candidate will have the opportunity to present findings in group settings to members of the senior leadership team. What's in it for you:
- High exposure to the commercial sales teams as well as exposure to the ETF landscape and its analytics.
- Contribute to and influence decision making related to the growth strategy of the business.
- Opportunity to enhance current processes and create efficiencies related to reporting and analysis.
- The role has a multitude of responsibilities and will gain experience in many functional areas of finance.
- Develop your skills working with software to analyze large data sets for the finance and commercial leadership teams.
- Be part of a team that focus on cutting-edge financial analysis techniques in an environment that emphases training and development.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Key contributor to the month-end close, annual budgeting process and monthly revenue forecasting processes.
- Partner with the commercial sales team by understanding various complex products and providing actionable solutions related to client inquiries and insight into contract renegotiations and disputes.
- Create and update complex financial models relating to market analysis.
- Conduct research and synthesize large quantities of data into actionable analysis for management.
- Provide in depth revenue analysis for various products and their impact on the bottom line.
- Understand and apply best practices related to revenue recognition and strong internal controls.
- 4+ years of experience related to financial planning and analysis, public accounting, asset management or economic analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, self-motivated, focused, creative, quick learner, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptive to new technologies and platforms, passionate about solving business problems.
- Experience analyzing data and creating visualizations to support business decision making though the use of Tableau.
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skillset.
- Experienced in dashboard design and focused, thoughtful visual display of quantitative information.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and see projects through to successful completion.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and securities trading.
- Experience designing, building, and testing workflows in Alteryx to support analysis of large and complex data sets.
- CFA/MBA in process (or as a goal).
- Proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint, QlikView, TM1, Anaplan, or other database tools a plus.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $154,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
266761 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States