Senior Manager, Equity Markets
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Senior Manager, Equity Markets
The Role: Senior Market Manager
The Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
The Team: The Americas Market Management team maintains the equity universe used for the management of high profile indices such as S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P/TSX 60 index. The team main function is to research companies in the specifically covered markets, including company related corporate actions, price validation, and shares updates.
The Impact: The Market Manager will research stock and company information for all companies in an assigned country (countries) or region(s), including price validation, corporate actions including mergers and acquisitions, attribute assignments, and share/ownership research. Have an excellent understanding of global equity markets.
What's in it for you: A global role, with the opportunity to fully support the Global Market Management Group within IMPG. The Market Manager is responsible for all aspects of an assigned group of companies and should become a subject matter authority in their field, The Market Manager makes recommendations on the treatment of corporate actions in line with our policies and procedures, directly impacting changes to indices and client portfolios.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events
- Closely monitor and track announced corporate actions. Monitor multiple news sources for new corporate action announcements. Analyze how these actions will impact indices and decide on strategies to respond to corporate actions
- Consult & communicate with global teams on adjustments to indices resulting from corporate actions
- Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions for an assigned region and ensure they are correctly applied in a proprietary system
- Research, analyze and update company share and free float information on a regular basis
- Provide backup functions for other team members in other regions and perform QA functions for multiple workflow processes
Price Validation and Verification
- Validation of system gained prices. Review captured prices against multiple sources and research and resolve any discrepancies under restrictive timelines. Provide backup function for several market regions
- Responsible for verifying the correctness for hundreds of securities across multiple markets and working to strict deadlines
- Continuously seek ways to improve/streamline processes. Help to plan, test and implement major workflow upgrades
- Play a full part in the team's comprehensive quality assurance processes
- Maintain close customer focus with internal clients daily by communicating changes in stock data and addressing client data requests as well as by dedicatedly communicating any major issues to Senior Managers or Team Lead
- Influence and communicate to executive level managers and Index Committee members regarding specific market research that potentially affect index changing events.
- Take a leading role in coordination with the technology group and production support group to further improve our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes
- Bachelor's Degree is helpful
- 2 years plus of meaningful experience working with indices and index related data is required. Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on tracking/replication or portfolio management is a plus.
- Knowledge of global financial markets
- Work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to tackle creative, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and related documents, and apply that analysis to the data inputs underlying S&P DJI Indices
- Computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications
- Strong numerical skills
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.