Who are we?
The Trade Automation & Execution group is responsible for a full suite of high fidelity low latency services built on top of some of the most robust open source technologies that provides market leading real time distributed automated trading features for Equities, Fixed Income, Currency, Options and Futures markets. Automated trade execution is a new Bloomberg product to our enterprise clients and our Complex Event Processing (CEP) engine is at the heart of that product. Our product allows clients to write automated trading algorithms in a transparent manner. We use cutting edge Java stack such as Flink and Storm to drive our computational engines and rely on multiple key technologies such as Kafka, Redis, Clickhouse, Zookeeper to drive our product. What's in it for you:
What you'll need to have:
- Be part of a young and premium product that is growing exponentially.
- Exposure to a variety of trading products and engineering teams and have the opportunity to learn about Bloomberg's trading platforms.
- Be part of the team that works with the next generation CEP engine applying cloud technologies like Flink and Kafka.
- You will learn how to design, develop and deploy Flink applications to a production cloud platform.
- Use of various technologies to help build products that deliver the premier trading automation solution in the market that generates revenue outside of the terminal.
- A great opportunity to work with open source innovative stream processing frameworks to help Bloomberg innovate across a multitude of trading products.
- Learn how robust distributed computing systems are built to ensure low-latency event processing services for our clients in a cloud environment.
- You'll get to work with multiple industry-leading technologies, including, but not limited to, messaging systems, distributed caching and synchronization technologies.
- While engaged in this important mission, we also like to give back to our community and have fun as well. Bloomberg has a significant philanthropic presence, and we regularly represent our organization at multiple local causes.
This position requires at least one of the following:
What we'd love to see?
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- An equivalent combination of education, and/or
- Specialized training, and/or
- Related professional experience.
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience using Java.
- Experience creating, maintaining and operating containers using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with at least one of the cloud platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure).
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms along with experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive projects and initiatives.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience with scalable and high availability distributed systems.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- Experience with technologies like Kafka, Flink, Storm, Avro, Protobuf, Zookeeper.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines that deploy production code to cloud deployments.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and an "outside the box" approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.