Senior Java Engineer - Search Infrastructure
The Search Infrastructure team provides a Search-as-a-Service platform supporting thousands of Solr clouds with billions of documents. Our focus is on developing the infrastructure, providing professional services and contributing to open source software. Our goal is to make it easy for application teams across all verticals in our firm to build rich search driven products. Who are we?
You are a talented and motivated engineer with an interest in search, looking for a tight-knit, collaborative team. You are passionate about designing large-scale distributed systems and making contributions to open source projects. You will work closely with the Apache Solr backend to develop and extend the service platform, improving its usability, reliability, and scalability. We will expect you to:
You'll need to have:
- Drive the design and implementation of search platform services.
- Partner with application teams to understand and achieve business goals.
- Promote search design best practices.
- Improve operational processes and documentation.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years' experience in Java development and associated technologies (Spring/Jmx/JDBC).
- Working knowledge of modern development methodologies and tools (Jenkins/Maven/Jira).
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, and multi-threaded programming.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience working with open-source software/community (upstream accepted contribution, or community presence).
- Experience working with search engines, such as Apache Solr or Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker.
Check out our recent Solr project on Github! https://github.com/apache/solr-operator
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.