Senior Java Developer
Trading Services is looking for an experienced back end Java/J2EE developer to join the team in New York. This person will work closely with existing team members to develop a comprehensive Java/J2EE based product. The role requires tight collaboration with product managers and business analysts to develop the products according to the business schedule.
General and deep experience with Core Java concepts and J2EE technologies are a must. Strong knowledge of relational database, AWS knowledge is must.
This position will suit candidates who enjoy both the technical and business aspects of developing software solutions to a schedule in an environment of high visibility and transparency around deliverables, business needs, and customer value.
Experience in Core JAVA/J2EE related product development.
• Excellent knowledge of RDBMS and proficient in PL/SQL is must have.
• Knowledge of Spring/Hibernate/Restful Web Services is a must.
• Should understand the business problems and requirement and should be able to convert those into solutions.
• Should be able to understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application.
• Work as team member to understand and implement use cases as per specifications provided by business / team lead.
• Be pro-active and creative in answering business requirements
• Able to manage dependencies and timely manage priority.
• Develop software of highly quality and in time efficient manner.
• Be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
• Should be willing to work as individual capacity and in teams across geographies.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.