- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Java Developer
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Adherence to Moody's Published Development and Product Delivery Life Cycle (PDLC) Standards
- Review functional requirements and provide effort estimates, both at high and low levels
- Hands on development and review of High & Low Level Software Design Documents
- Hands-On Java/J2EE, SQL, and Java Script Development for Applications and Services, including unit test and deployment coding, defect and performance troubleshooting
- Work with Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Engineers to review requirements, and provide feedback for developing test plans and test cases
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily scrums, backlog refinement, sprint and release retrospectives, etc.
- Troubleshoot Production issues, working with Production Support and Operations teams
- Participate in Innovation initiatives with cross-company teams, including brainstorming, analysis, design, and development of solutions
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in software development, project management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience hands-on developing Java/J2EE code, including comprehensive unit test coding, including using Spring, Hibernate, and JMS frameworks
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing SQL code, either stand-alone or pass-through as part of other code (such as Java), including code optimization
- Experience developing RESTful Web services
- Experience development & CI/CD tools Eclipse, Jira, Subversion, Maven, SonarQube, Jenkins scripting or equivalent technologies and paradigms required
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity concepts, including identity and access management, and encryption/information protection
- Strong sense of systems dynamics, such as memory management, multi-threaded processing, and performance engineering
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Able to be a hands on, integrated member of a small to medium sized development team, helping to get work done and grow as a group, as well as individually
- Able to lead development efforts with a small to medium sized teams of mixed employee and vendor development teams, across onsite and in different time zone locations (including India)
- Strong architectural design discipline, preferably with experience following TOGAF or other structured framework
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income Instruments and the Bond Market strongly desired
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile delivery paradigm, and DevOps practices a plus
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Puppet a plus
- Experience with Data Management and Messaging technologies, such as No-SQL, Tableau, Kafka, Tensor Flow, and Spark, a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.