Senior Java/AWS Engineer
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Broadridge LTX is forming a top-tier research and development team. We're seeking a Java Developer to help build its next-generation trading and market intelligence platform.
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity to work with a stellar team? Broadridge LTX is forming a top-tier research and development team. We're seeking a Java Developer to help build its next-generation trading and market intelligence platform.
- think hard about a problem before you start writing code
- possess a deep sense of pride and do whatever it takes for your team to succeed
- like to write beautiful code and think coding is something creative
- are proactive and a have a problem solving attitude
- are highly talented, with a passion and drive for both technology and financial markets
...then you should consider joining the LTX team. You will help shape the future of Global Financial Markets.
- Be part of a highly skilled team creating an entirely new real-time Trading Platform from the ground up
- Create highly performant microservices in java that are asynchronous in nature and messaging-centric
- Assume responsibility for code quality and correctness
- You would develop server-side code in a challenging high-performance environment
- Ensure your code is fully tested at the unit level. Help design and build end-to-end automated tests
- Produce prototypes to solicit real user feedback, utilize feedback to evolve the product iteratively
- At least 7 years of experience in Java programming language
Extensive experience building large scale applications in AWS
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with distributed systems design and development
- Substantial knowledge of database design and experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems preferred, including:
- Knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency
- Knowledge of network programming and sockets
- Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems
- General knowledge of tuning and capacity planning concepts across multiple architectural components
- Financial services experience preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interpret business requirements and interact with product stakeholders
LTX is a stealth-mode FinTech startup incubated within Broadridge Financial Solutions, one of the world's largest technology providers in Global Financial Services. With a market cap of over $10B, Broadridge is recognized as a leader in fixed income technologies and solutions.
LTX aims to bring greater trading efficiency and instantaneous market intelligence to complex financial marketplaces. Drawing upon Broadridge's unparalleled pool of transactional data, LTX is creating an innovative machine learning framework to power new ways to transact illiquid fixed income securities.