Senior Investment Writer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cohen & Steers
- 06 Nov 18
Job Title: Senior Investment Writer Department: Marketing Communications FLSA Code: Exempt Job Reports To: VP, Editorial Director Summary: Seeking a thoughtful communicator who enjoys working independently and with others to bring investment ideas to life. Cohen & Steers manages portfolios across specialized asset classes that are often misunderstood. Because of this, thought leadership and investor education are central to our business success. Your mission, as part of the writing team, will be to connect with portfolio managers, product specialists, sales channels and graphic artists to develop engaging, relevant content that compels investors to make better asset-allocation decisions using our products.
Projects may include white papers, short-form content, magazine articles, web copy, client emails, video scripts, fund shareholder letters and internal communications. The writing team is also responsible for creating monthly investment commentaries under tight deadlines, requiring effective interviewing skills, organization, project management and attention to detail. This position has a high degree of visibility across the firm, providing opportunities to collaborate with nearly every department at all levels. This role will also be integral in developing new communication channels and formats, helping to expand the reach of our content.
• Create monthly investment commentaries, using investment team interviews, internal analyst notes and writer’s knowledge of the market to inform asset holders about their investments
• Develop thought leadership content (white papers, digital posts, emails, articles, videos, etc.), working closely with the Editorial Director and other stakeholders to deliver effective content that conveys the firm’s views
• Identify leadership opportunities for initiating content ideas, taking ownership of processes, improving team efficiency, empowering the sales team and enhancing content quality
• Build strong working relationships across the firm
• Participate in developing Global Marketing content strategy, bringing knowledge of our investment strategies and business goals to strengthen the firm’s brand as a global leader in listed real assets and alternative income
• 7 years of writing experience in the financial services industry, preferably with direct experience writing white papers and investment commentaries
• 10 years of financial industry experience
• Exceptional writing and editing skills; impeccable grammar
• Knowledge of Cohen & Steers’ asset classes a plus (REITs, infrastructure, MLPs, preferred securities, commodities)
• Problem-solving ability and quantitative skills
• An ability to work independently and within a team structure
• Effective time-management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong relationship management skills; highly motivated team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Note: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The job title or duties and responsibilities may be changed by the Company at any time.