Senior Internal Wholesaler
BNY Mellon Investment Managementis one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one ofthe top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliatedinvestment management firms, wealth management organization, and globaldistribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment andwealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients' needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our bestideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our globalnetwork we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. Wepride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. Withextensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment andfinancial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors,corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors,intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY MellonInvestment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
The Senior InternalWholesaler plays a key role within BNY Mellon Investment Management. In partnership with the External Wholesaler, the Senior InternalWholesaler - via outbound phone and email communication - develops andmaintains existing relationships, and identifies and acquires new businesswithin a specified territory to meet sales goals. Working in closepartnership with an external wholesaler, the Senior InternalWholesaler works to develop and maintain meaningful client relationshipswith financial advisors at wirehouses and regional and independentbroker/dealers in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring andretaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
The Senior InternalWholesaler raises and retains assets within a geographic territory bymaking proactive phone calls to financial advisers to share sales ideas,provide product information, gather marketing data and offer sales support.This individual develops and maintains relationships with existing financialadvisers in order to sell BNY Mellon funds and identify new salesopportunities. The Senior Internal Wholesaler also develops and implementsa business plan and sales strategy with the External Wholesaler, and deliverseffective presentations to promote BNY Mellon funds and competitive advantages.
The Senior InternalWholesaler must have an understanding of and passion for the salesprocess, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. He or she must also have excellent organizational and follow up skills, and theability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Moreover, theSenior Internal Wholesaler must demonstrate professional presence, poise,strong presentation skills, and a high level of energy and motivation.
- Achieve sales and sales activity goals as set by Americas Distribution leadership team
- In partnership with an External Wholesaler, identify asset management business opportunities; move prospective clients through the sales process; create BNY Mellon promoters; and close new business within the territory
- Drive results and raise awareness of BNY Mellon investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold calls and virtual communications
- Build, grow, and maintain advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of BNY Mellon funds and successfully position them to advisors
- Develop a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments - and leverage this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients and position BNY Mellon funds effectively
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sales process - and leverage it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage
- Support the External Wholesaler in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory
- Assess the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions, and position the appropriate fund that meets those needs
- Proactively support broader corporate initiatives and participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
College Degree, either BA or BS. One year of prior Sales / Marketing experience is preferred. FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (or must be obtained within 90 days). Knowledge of financial industry sales or service a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
North America Distribution-HR11430 Requisition Number: