Senior Institutional Sales - North East Sales
Vontobel Asset Management is a leading global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed solutions. Headquartered in Zurich, Vontobel Asset Management has a global clientele and geographic footprint, managing $125 billion in assets from 13 offices employing more than 400 professionals. We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly with integrity to help our clients achieve their goals - and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Your opportunity Overview of the Role
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Senior Institutional Sales / Business Development Executive to assist in driving our multi-boutique growth strategy in the US Northeast territory with Institutional prospects.
The Regional Director will be capable of building strong relationships by understanding the client's investment needs, and identify selling opportunities. Success in the role will require the candidate to acquire a deep understanding of Vontobel's equity, fixed income and multi-asset (MAS) capabilities, investment philosophy and approach, and effectively articulate this to clients. The candidate will directly target prospects and field consultants, as well as work with internal departments such as portfolio management; client services, marketing and analytics to ensure clients receive exceptional client service. Responsibilities
- Lead new Institutional business development efforts by prospecting and building strategic client relationships within the Northeast territory.
- Responsible to help drive the sales strategy and expand Vontobel's market share with institutional relationships by being an intellectual contributor, solution provider and trusted advisor to clients, consultants and prospects and delivering growth across our product suite of high conviction actively managed Equity, Fixed Income and MAS capabilities.
- Develop a business plan for the territory, execute that strategy, and be responsible for creating, identifying, advancing, and closing new business opportunities in a manner that leads to the successful achievement of robust qualified activities and sales targets.
- Coordinate with Senior Institutional Sales & Service, Marketing, Client Portfolio Managers, and Investment team members to fully develop all opportunities in the region and help implement best practices at the firm.
- Provide constructive feedback on strategies, market / industry trends and best practices to management, sales and investment management teams.
- Lead complex technical investment discussions, including client review meetings, with a sophisticated audience.
- Engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of our clients.
- Build positive relationships across the broader global sales organization, investment communications, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle.
- A minimum of 7 years of investment sales experience required, working at an institutional asset manager in sales and consultant relations
- An extensive knowledge of the institutional investment business, products / asset classes with a solid rolodex
- Experience working with defined contribution and defined benefit markets, focused on corporate, public pensions, endowment & foundations, oCIOs, consultants and record-keepers
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity, as well as high ethical standards
- A proven track record and history demonstrating success in high level sales production
- Commitment to the philosophy and process underlying Vontobel's investment approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regards to conveying technical investment approaches and key selling points in a clear and compelling manner
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability and a focus on delivering consistent quality work, coupled with outstanding time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- A strong academic background is required; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred. Series 7 and 63 licenses.
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .