Senior Information Security Research Analyst
S&P Global Market Intelligence 451 Research - MUST SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES WITH APPLICATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED The Role:
Senior Information Security Research Analyst, Global. This role will support the 451 Research Information Security industry analyst team in covering technologies and services in the Information Security / Cybersecurity market. Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only) : 11 The Location:
Remote/Virtual Worker The Team:
There has rarely been a time when an understanding of cybersecurity markets has been more significant - or more needed. As part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, 451 Research's Information Security team has a uniquely influential role in articulating a clear perspective on the trends driving innovation and disruption in the field. We cover the technologies, services and practices enterprises are adopting to improve cyber resilience, drive competitive advantage and generate new opportunities. Our team's work in this field has been embraced and promoted by leading providers of products and services worldwide. In this role, the successful candidate will lead research in market segments shaping the nature and adoption of cybersecurity technologies, services and practices. The Impact:
451 Research's Information Security channel serves IT and cybersecurity technology vendors and service providers, their customers, the investment community, senior corporate leaders, security and IT practitioners and others. We provide insights on multiple topics from securing emerging technology to products and services for cyber defense, security operations and security risk management, identity and access management, data security and more. Analysts help define and shape the markets they cover, as well as their clients' strategies. Clients use our research when making investment and other key decisions. What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to make your own unique contribution to established and competitive research, with the potential to become a recognized voice in the industry.
- Exposure to a wide variety of people, from industry C-level executives to practitioners and engineers, investment professionals, government officials and fellow analysts.
- Development and production of research while managing your tasks, time and priorities independently in cooperation with your manager and teammates.
- Domestic and international travel, as conditions permit and opportunities allow.
- This role will conduct industry analyst research on market participants and trends in cybersecurity products and services, working independently within a geographically dispersed, global team.
- The focus of coverage will center on products and services in cybersecurity operations technology products and services. Specifically:
- Technologies and practices in endpoint, network or extended threat detection and response (EDR, NDR or XDR).
- Security analytics and operations systems such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR), cyber threat intelligence (TI/CTI) or related fields.
- The ideal candidate will be further familiar with selected providers of managed security services in security operations, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Security Operations Centers as-a-Service (SOCaaS), security controls testing and validation, or other related areas.
- Writing and presentation development is essential to this role and will include research and publication of both short (2-page) and long (10-15 page) reports on security vendors, products and services, as well as on broader industry topics as relevant. Short reports will publish regularly and more frequently (approximately weekly); longer reports would be less frequent and may be more on-demand.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the successful candidate will:
What we're looking for: Basic qualifications:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of end-user surveys. Analyze and deliver research reports based on the results.
- Engage in briefings with key vendors and attend events (virtual, or other events contingent on travel conditions) focused on covered segments of the cybersecurity market.
- Develop presentations, webinars and strategy sessions to present research and explain industry trends.
- Respond to inquiry requests from security market vendors and enterprise users.
- Contribute to custom advisory research projects.
- Collaborate with fellow analysts to shape the overall Information Security research agenda.
- 3-5 or more years' experience in the above-described areas of information security / cybersecurity technologies or services, with sufficient knowledge to communicate credibly to practitioners, vendors and investors in these markets.
- To be considered for interview, applicants will be required to provide examples of their writing appropriate to the 451 Research audience. It is strongly recommended that applicants familiarize themselves with 451 Research and its output, beginning with our site at https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/solutions/451-research .
- Experience in any of the following may be considered:
- Product management, product marketing, or practitioner experience in implementation.
- Vertical market or associated technology area research role with an industry analyst firm
- Market intelligence, competitive intelligence, strategy or business development role with a cybersecurity technology or services vendor
- Journalism or technical writing covering these fields.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), with superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, either a technical degree (math, science, engineering, IT fields) or a business, writing/communications or liberal arts degree with appropriate experience.
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally as conditions permit.
- The key to being a successful analyst is having an inquisitive nature; always looking to learn and explore.
About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- In addition to the experience above, exposure to or experience in broader or other markets of information technology.
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Enthusiastic public speaker
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to
mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities
holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global
regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at
S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a
trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the
Policy. Compensation/Benefits Information:
- S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $90.1k to $190k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
- This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267442 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States