Senior Index Research Analyst
- World-class Expert Level Comp
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 12 Feb 19
Note: This is not a Graduate or Junior position. Core: Index Event, Rebalances, Equities, Hedge Fund/Prop or Asset Mngt
Founded in the 1990's, this firm is one of the Worlds most prestigious hedge fund managers specialising in global equities and managing more than $40b in AuM. They are headquartered in London with offices in New York; and Hong Kong. They are multi-award winning investment firm with several accolades, such as Best Hedge Fund, Most innovative Hedge Fund, and Highest Performing Fund. The firm is fully dedicated to the objective of providing its clients with a persistent, risk-adjusted return on their investment. Through their range of products, investors can select funds offering variable sources of alpha and beta, in different combinations, from equity markets around the world. They run traditional, fundamental long/short investing grounded in stock-specific analytical research and a pioneering, and proprietary, systematic, fund.
The Event Trading Team (5 members) is responsible for the creation and management of investment strategies encompassing event-driven catalysts, corporate actions, and liquidity events. This includes a focus on liquidity events stemming from index rebalance activity. In this position, you would work primarily on investment strategies, from start to finish, focused on index rebalances. This would include coverage and expansion of all aspects relating to index rebalance as the subject expert, with a core focus on the prediction of future investment opportunities for the fund. The team has a multi-year track record and headed by a seasoned Portfolio Manager with an 11-year tenure at the firm. The team is responsible for managing a book of $2b AuM currently, but with future designs and ambition for growth.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years commercial experience of Index Research and Analytics - Equities.
- Strong experience in Index Rebalances and Event Trading strategies
- Currently hold a relevant Investment, Research or Quantitative Analyst role in Hedge Fund, Asset Manager or Proprietary Trading firm working on Index Event.
- Strong current experience modelling, predicting and monitoring index rebalances.
- Expert knowledge of equity index construction, membership and rebalance methodologies
- Technical expertise in SQL, Matlab (or Python/R etc), VBA.
- Ambitious and self-starting approach to the execution of their work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and agile environment that encourages intellectual curiosity and problem-solving
- Excellent academic record in a Quantitative discipline, and demonstrated history of achievement.
- Passion for Financial Markets and public Equities. Highly collaborative and team-oriented character.
The company employs approximately 300 people worldwide and has established itself as one of the Worlds foremost Hedge Fund managers. Recognition of the need to retain a competitive edge provides the background for a work environment that encourages innovation. They have a distinctive culture that is meritocratic, challenging, innovative and intense. The company defines success by the quality of return delivered to investors. The talent, passion and vision of their people are the engines that drive the company’s evolution. They have a set of values rooted in integrity, entrepreneurial flair and professional excellence, and the atmosphere at the firm is collaborative and dynamic while offering considerable potential for rapid individual advancement and professional growth.