Senior IT Business and Data Analyst
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT)
within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon's broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is currently focused on Repo Modernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for the business - providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilities within a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-time operations aided by a data services for reporting and insights generation. Overview of the role :
Data Services team is a shared service team that provides key functional capabilities such as self-service reporting, self-service data analytics, risk analytics, operational reconciliation, and integration of core processes with deployed machine learning models. We are enhancing our team and looking for a Business and Data analyst who has strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and SQL skills.
In this role, the individual will work closely with Product and Business teams in analyzing business processes, requirements, workflows and primarily data - gleaning information and insights with the goal of helping make business decisions. The team and the role are extremely data centric and therefore requires strong SQL and intermediate programming skills to gather and analyze information and develop recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Skills and Qualifications
- Consults with product and business stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program.
- Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models.
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical techniques to support reporting, analytical, and business process reengineering initiatives
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with data scientists in data preparation, feature selection, and model performance evaluation against model objectives
- Understand systems integrations and upstream/feeder applications and data
- Ensure that business outcomes are achieved and that full stakeholder buy-in is ensured
- Negotiate plan scope and effort to meet business outcomes in the most effective manner
- Work with the business to structure different business requirements into a prioritized set of requirements, with estimates
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8 to 10 years of experience as an IT Business Analyst at major financial services company and strong understanding of Capital Markets
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst - experience with middle and back office processes, collateral management, and market data
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining, adept at writing complex SQL queries, and documenting findings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc) is a plus
- Experience in cross functional project delivery across technology
- Technical acumen - ability to equally work with software engineers, developers, data engineers, and data scientists
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business, product, and technical leaders
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: