Senior IT Business Analyst with Regulatory Reporting
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. The technology group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms. The Team:
Markets Reg Reporting Technology team is responsible for supporting regulatory reporting across the markets division of BNY Mellon. The markets division is responsible for all capital markets and market making activities within BNY Mellon, globally. As a technology group, Markets Reg Reporting Technology covers Dodd Frank & MiFID reporting for all asset classes and products as well as supporting the strategic build out of technology solutions and products. Role Description:
As a Business Analyst in Reg Reporting technology you will engage with senior Operations, Compliance, legal stakeholders and vendors as well as with technology leads within markets technology and beyond. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Skills and Qualifications
- Document business/functional requirements, perform gap analysis, design systems flows, and manage UAT activities leading to production release.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Analyze data and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in researching production issue and remediation.
- Understand upstream/feeder applications and data
- Develop systems specifications.
- Works or multitasks on multiple regulatory workstreams from inception through implementation.
- Take projects from inception to execution, defining initial plan and actively managing on-going delivery
- Plan and execute changes across all involved functions - technology, business and operations
- Break down barriers to success, escalate appropriately to senior technology and business leadership and work collaboratively with your peers
- Ensure that business outcomes are achieved and that full stakeholder buy-in is ensured
- Negotiate plan scope and effort to meet business outcomes in the most effective manner
- Work with the business to structure different business requirements into a prioritized set of requirements, with estimates
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- Extensive experience as an IT Business Analyst at major financial services company and strong understanding of Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange
- Solid regulatory trade reporting knowledge specifically in Dodd-Frank Act, European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) & MiFID regulations.
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting applications such as CMRS, UnaVista, TradeWeb, Droit, futureLANDSCAPE from Broadridge etc.
- Technical background with knowledge of SDLC, XML and ability to write SQL queries
- Experience in cross functional project delivery across technology
- Technical acumen - ability to equally work with software engineers and developers
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business, legal & compliance, external regulators
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and Visio
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Basic understanding of any programming language is a strong plus
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: