- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Group Manager - Balance Sheet Management
Senior Group Manager - Balance Sheet Management
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18066182
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Treasury's Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization ("BSSO") unit's responsibilities cover three key areas:
- Asset Allocation : Leading the analysis of / investment strategy for optimizing Citi's $400bn+ global liquidity portfolios
- Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics : Identifying and implementing solutions to optimize Citigroup's balance sheet. This function includes driving modelling / analytics to support securities portfolios decision making.
- Costing the Balance Sheet : Leading refinements in the design of Citigroup's Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium and Capital Allocation frameworks to incentivize optimal use of Citi's financial resources
- Support the firm-wide AFS/HTM CCAR work stream as subject matter expert, including reviewing various Citi and vendor cash flow models; assessing the appropriateness and consistency of variables; supporting the design of control parameters; and drafting methodology documentation.
- Lead the modeling effort for BSSO and Citi Treasury Investments (CTI), including designing and implementing new models; ongoing maintenance of existing models; and sponsoring vendor valuation and risk models.
- Provide key governance oversight for all BSSO/CTI models focusing on designing appropriate controls and processes to maintain ongoing compliance with the Citi Model Risk Management policy and procedures.
- Lead the analysis and design of challenger portfolio analytics, including the development of prototype financial models and tools to forecast and understand the drivers of financial and risk metrics.
- Partner with other members of the BSSO team on analytical solutions and projects.
- 10+ years of experience working in the finance industry.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative-focused discipline from a top tier school; Masters or other relevant advanced qualification would be a plus.
- Quant or modeling background primarily focused in fixed income markets and products.
- Extensive knowledge of financial instruments and products including an understanding of bank regulation, accounting, valuation techniques and risk measurement.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Experienced problem solver with an ability to rapidly assimilate complex information across a variety of financial disciplines.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously with continual attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions / seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business units / functions, taking ownership and delivering results.
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude.