- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Group Manager - Balance Sheet Management
Senior Group Manager - Balance Sheet Management
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18064519
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The individual will work in Global Liquidity Management team within Citi's Corporate Treasury. The team is responsible for establishing the framework for sizing liquidity requirements including internal stress testing framework, developing contingency funding plans in conjunction with other stakeholders within and outside Citi's Treasury function, providing liquidity oversight to Citi's global entities, and ensuring that Citi maintains adequate liquidity appropriately positioned to meet the company's global needs both in normal market conditions as well as during periods of stress.
The individual will lead a team responsible for establishing the appropriate infrastructure and framework to comply with Liquidity policy for both internal stress models as well as regulatory liquidity metrics. They will be instrumental to leading on infrastructure developments critical to be involved in key priorities for Citi including, but not limited to the Liquidity Transformation initiative intended to rebuild the systemic infrastructure supporting FR2052a (5G), the roll-out of the Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR) and the redesign of Citi's internal Long-Term Stress Metric (S2). Liquidity Infrastructure is one of the top three priorities for Citi Treasury this year and therefore this position will offer an exceptional level of senior management exposure.
In this role the individual will be in charge of multiple product work, managing a relatively large team of professionals and will be GLM lead in these cross-functional projects involving partners across Treasury (Business and Legal Entity Treasurers), Risk, Infrastructure, Technology and Operations.
The individual will act as liaison between key stakeholders in Treasury and our cross-functional partners by understanding the business needs, conducting and communicating financial impacts, conceiving the necessary proof of concept tests, framing the requirements for Technology and following through the implementation of the strategic solutions including UAT testing and sign-off.
Manage large team responsible for multiple items including the following:
- Support the overall liquidity reporting change management process from data sourcing to report output, for both new reporting capabilities and existing capabilities undergoing enhancement
- Partner with Treasurers and end users in the FRSS to understand pain points in existing reporting operations and seek solutions that deliver measureable benefits; foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Lead critical, multi-dimensioned projects requiring strong collaboration and influencing partner functions in Treasury, FRI, Data Services and FRSS.
- Organize teams to support responses to regulatory requests, ensuring consistent communication across the firm
- Support the development of scalable solutions in anticipation of future regulatory reporting requirements
- Review and sign-off on Minor Development Documents (MDD)
- Employ best practices in developing business requirements documentation by interviewing subject matter experts in various domains (Technology, Treasury business, Financial reporting and Controllers)
- Ensure the groups operate in a well-organized and auditable framework that will satisfy Internal Audit and Regulatory reviews
The ideal candidate should possess an eagerness to learn the current process and liquidity metrics, be a change-agent to effectively recommend and implement enhancements, and help the team execute towards the target state. To be successful in this role, the individual needs to be a self-starter, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively collaborate across different levels in the organization and eager to make an impact. Existing knowledge of Citi Legal Entity, Balance Sheet, and stress testing is desirable.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; Graduate level degree a plus
- 6 + years of experience in Financial Services required
- Knowledge of the Treasury function, overall knowledge of balance sheet products with subject matter expertise in liquidity management. Close familiarity with FR2052a, LCR, NSFR and broad liquidity stress testing concepts
- 3+ years of experience leading infrastructure implementation projects, preferably in the Liquidity Management space
- Self-starter, strong attention to detail and willingness to, "roll up sleeves" to master the liquidity subject matter at a detailed business level to enhance value add during business requirements discussions
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify key issues, gather facts and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Prior experience working on regulatory reporting initiatives and interfacing with internal audit and risk control groups is preferred
- Experience with process mapping, including understanding the "As Is Process" and designing/outlining the End State process
- Diagnostic skills to support production daily processes and responding to issues reported by the business in a fast paced environment that requires immediate decision making and actions to resolve issues.
- Ability to define use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application usage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with full proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, including past experience creating senior management level presentations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including graphing pivot tables, reference functions and data analysis
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Willingness to take ownership and execute on deliverables