Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
- $80K + Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Park Avenue Partners
- 14 Jan 19
The senior accountant will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our private equity clients.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients. Senior accountants should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the senior accountant must have proven client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the vice president and other team members
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity limited partnerships
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the vice president, client, and auditors
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity experience a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledgers, work papers and financial statements
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player