Senior Full Stack Engineer - Media Platform
Media Platform team specializes in providing Multimedia Solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds End to End Media and Real Time Communication Tools and Workflows.
We deliver market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency. Our product portfolio includes Media Streaming Platform, Media Connect Platform, Speech Platform (for Speech to Text), Telephony Platform and a suite of Media Applications. The Role:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team to contribute to expanding our rich set of media applications. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of media applications for our clients. This work demands close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think outside the box. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact of these client-facing applications. Project Responsibilities:
What's in it for you?
- Develop and enhance the Front End Application and latest media player to deliver our multimedia content in both live and on-demand formats
- Develop and improve the real-time applications to expand our content acquisition such as Earnings Calls, Real Time and Telephony Communication
- Develop Quality of Experience and Analytics system for monitoring user experience
- Research Innovative ways to Serve Client Requirements with Real time media
You will need to have:
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to build and extend Media Products and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
We would love to see:
- 3++ years of proven experience building backend services using C++ or Java
- Experience using distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with Python Django and nginx
- Experience working with open source toolkits like Bento, ffmpeg, Asterisk and webrtc
- Experience working with WebRTC or similar video conferencing frameworks
- Experience with media formats (MP4, WebM), codecs (VP8, VP9, Opus) and streaming protocols (MSS, DASH, HLS)
- Experience with real time streaming protocols like RTSP, RTMP, RTP and RTCP
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.